Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name Change Request Denied

Highlighted
Deana B Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
1 of 5

Hello, 

I requested to change my name but the request was denied. I'm not sure what my next step should be, as I can't send Government ID verification without it being first requested on your side. What do I do?

I first created this account using a nickname, and now I'm trying to change it to my full name. I'd be happy to assist you or provide you with any additional info you might need.

Thank you!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 5

Anne J wrote:

Hello, 

I requested to change my name but the request was denied. I'm not sure what my next step should be, as I can't send Government ID verification without it being first requested on your side. What do I do?

I first created this account using a nickname, and now I'm trying to change it to my full name. I'd be happy to assist you or provide you with any additional info you might need.

Thank you!

You can't change your user name (the name you use to log in), but you can change your profile name,  if this is not your real name. Your verification process should not be affected by your user name.  I have flagged your post to get the attention of a moderator. 

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
3 of 5

Nichola,

I know of at least one case where (apparently) a freelancer was allowed to change his ill-chosen (for native English speakers) username.

Best,

MM

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Hi Anne, 

Thanks for the message. Someone from our team will reach out to you via email and provide more information soon.

Deana B Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
5 of 5

Thank you! The issue has been resolved! 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS