🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Name change request not triggering?
Page options
annejk
Community Member

Name Change Request Denied

Hello, 

I requested to change my name but the request was denied. I'm not sure what my next step should be, as I can't send Government ID verification without it being first requested on your side. What do I do?

I first created this account using a nickname, and now I'm trying to change it to my full name. I'd be happy to assist you or provide you with any additional info you might need.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anne, 

Thanks for the message. Someone from our team will reach out to you via email and provide more information soon.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
colettelewis
Community Member

Anne J wrote:

Hello, 

I requested to change my name but the request was denied. I'm not sure what my next step should be, as I can't send Government ID verification without it being first requested on your side. What do I do?

I first created this account using a nickname, and now I'm trying to change it to my full name. I'd be happy to assist you or provide you with any additional info you might need.

Thank you!

You can't change your user name (the name you use to log in), but you can change your profile name,  if this is not your real name. Your verification process should not be affected by your user name.  I have flagged your post to get the attention of a moderator. 

Nichola,

I know of at least one case where (apparently) a freelancer was allowed to change his ill-chosen (for native English speakers) username.

Best,

MM

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anne, 

Thanks for the message. Someone from our team will reach out to you via email and provide more information soon.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
annejk
Community Member

Thank you! The issue has been resolved! 

Hello.
I have the same problem I want to change my name, it was written with an error when filling out the registration form. I sent a request, but it was rejected several times. I want to change only one letter, add one actually. Please help me out with this problem.

Hi Yvgeny,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I made some mistakes with the name field when creating my account and now I'm trying to correct them. When trying to request a name change I get a message saying:

Your name change request is under review and will be processed in 48 hours

Which is fine, but this message does not appear again when loggin back in. In addition its been over 48 hours since my original request and I still dont know if it was ever handled or not. I have not recieved any message saying the status or even that I made a request for the change.

How can I fix this and get my name changed?

Hi Tetra,

Please go to Settings > Contact Info and update your name. Our team will review your name change request as soon as possible and reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't have that option available. When I set my account to freelancer mode, clicking Settings automatically throws me to the "Create your profile" screen, so I dont have that option at all. I was hoping to get the name change before summiting my "appplication for review"

When I set my account to client mode, clicking on Settings does not have the Contract Info option, but I see that the My Info section does. Clicking the pencil in the Account card, updating the name, and clicking save returns a toaster message saying "Account info successfully updated" and message in that section saying "
Your name change request is under review and will be processed in 48 hours". Like I said I have done this several times, but nothing seems to be a happening

As mentioned above, I'm trying to get this completed before summiting my appplication for review to prevent any delays

Hello,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your name change request.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan
I'm willing to change my profile name, nickname to the original. can you please help. 
Thanks in advance 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arif, 

I have shared your concern with the team, and a member of the team will reach out to you directly through an email to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,
I also tried to change my name but the request was denied, the reason behind to change my name is I wrote my other name (which is not official but famous in the area, most of the people knows me with that name) at the time of registration, but now I have to upload my official name documents to verify my identity. Please help me to change my name.
Thank you in advance. 
Regards:

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name change request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. 

But there was no option to write my name correctly system just had taken the name from my google account automatically. 

I can`t write my name correctly afterwards too.

And now I can`t use my paypal account even that my e-mail at upwork is the same that I use for paypal, and my surname in both accounts is the same.

What should I do now? Should I create another account to change my name to the correct one if I can`t do it with editing option?

Hello, I`m Tatiana Orlova,
I have the same problem.

I was making account today, but it was required to login through my google account. That is what I did.
There is my short name in the google account and system of upwork used it automatically without asking, if this name is correct or not. And now I can`t change my name Jana (that was in google) into full name (that is in my passoport) - Tatiana.
Please support me with how I can change my user name into original. And I repeat again there was no chance for me at the beginning to write or to improve the name.

Thank you.

Hi Tatiana,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already requested to change your name. Your name change request has already been approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
261dc71c
Community Member

Thank you for the fast reply. I`ve watched now, the problem is solved.

Hi, I am trying to change my profile name to match my real name and bank account name. But the request gets denied. Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Rachel M wrote:

Hi, I am trying to change my profile name to match my real name and bank account name. But the request gets denied. Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Maybe you should also change your photo?

Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Name change request has been denied what can i do now..help me
csn_61
Community Member

Dear Sir, My name change request has been denied, It was Nagesh K and I have now changed it to the full version of Nagesh Kumar. That's It. It should not have been a problem, please bring it to the attention of the concerned. (The user id has not been changed. It cant be either!)

Hi Nagesh,

I can see that your full name is actually on the account. Just to clarify, your profile page will show with your last name initial, as opposed to your full last name. Your profile name can be always seen when you go to Settings > Contact Info.

I'd like to reiterate that your profile must represent as an individual, and all the information on your profile (Name, Photo, Address, etc.) must be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Don't hesitate to let me know if you still need assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello.
I have the same problem I want to change my name, it was written with an error when filling out the registration form. I sent a request, but it was rejected several times. I want to change only one letter, add one actually. Please help me out with this problem.

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
jeanied
Community Member

Hi Vladimir G,

My request on changing my name is also denied by Upwork. I'm trying to send you a ticket but it seems not possible for me to do so. Could you please take look at my case and let me know how to resolve this issue?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Do,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your name change request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mmmooosss
Community Member

Hello,
I also have the same issue, I changed my name to a nickname and my request to change it back to my real name is denied.

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c3a00aba
Community Member

Hi, I also deal with the same problem. I wanted to change it to my full name (since I had a nickname) but it wouldn't let me. Can anyone help me out?

Hi Average Sbr,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance. You can access your ticket on this page. Please also note that your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.) You can check this article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c3353d2b
Community Member

Hi, I also deal with the same problem. I wanted to change it to my full name (since I had a nickname) but it wouldn't let me. Can anyone help me out?

Hi there,

I checked the name change request submitted on your account and noticed that it does not adhere to our guidelines. Please note that your name must be real and easily verifiable. We do not allow company or agency name on the freelancer account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c9699800
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

I am new to upwork, Pakistani national born and based in Doha Qatar. I want to join Pakistani community group of freelancers but I am unable to do so. Can you please help me?

Thank you

Hi Samina,

Thank you for your message. Could you please send the invite again to join the Upwork Pakistan group? Let us know here once done so that we can manually review your request.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Good Morning! I have submitted joining request again just now. Please check.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

cd851276
Community Member

Hi! I am suman,
I am try to change my name in many times. But I can't always I received Your profile name change was denied this notification only. What do I do? 
Please anyone help me.
Thank You

Hi R S,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths