cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name Change Request Denied

Deana B Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
1 of 11

Hello, 

I requested to change my name but the request was denied. I'm not sure what my next step should be, as I can't send Government ID verification without it being first requested on your side. What do I do?

I first created this account using a nickname, and now I'm trying to change it to my full name. I'd be happy to assist you or provide you with any additional info you might need.

Thank you!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 11

Anne J wrote:

Hello, 

I requested to change my name but the request was denied. I'm not sure what my next step should be, as I can't send Government ID verification without it being first requested on your side. What do I do?

I first created this account using a nickname, and now I'm trying to change it to my full name. I'd be happy to assist you or provide you with any additional info you might need.

Thank you!

You can't change your user name (the name you use to log in), but you can change your profile name,  if this is not your real name. Your verification process should not be affected by your user name.  I have flagged your post to get the attention of a moderator. 

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
3 of 11

Nichola,

I know of at least one case where (apparently) a freelancer was allowed to change his ill-chosen (for native English speakers) username.

Best,

MM

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 11

Hi Anne, 

Thanks for the message. Someone from our team will reach out to you via email and provide more information soon.

Deana B Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
5 of 11

Thank you! The issue has been resolved! 

Yvgeny M Member Since: Sep 9, 2019
6 of 11

Hello.
I have the same problem I want to change my name, it was written with an error when filling out the registration form. I sent a request, but it was rejected several times. I want to change only one letter, add one actually. Please help me out with this problem.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 11

Hi Yvgeny,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name. Thank you.

Untitled
Tetra Digital S Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
8 of 11

I made some mistakes with the name field when creating my account and now I'm trying to correct them. When trying to request a name change I get a message saying:

Your name change request is under review and will be processed in 48 hours

Which is fine, but this message does not appear again when loggin back in. In addition its been over 48 hours since my original request and I still dont know if it was ever handled or not. I have not recieved any message saying the status or even that I made a request for the change.

How can I fix this and get my name changed?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 11

Hi Tetra,

Please go to Settings > Contact Info and update your name. Our team will review your name change request as soon as possible and reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

Untitled
Tetra Digital S Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
10 of 11

I don't have that option available. When I set my account to freelancer mode, clicking Settings automatically throws me to the "Create your profile" screen, so I dont have that option at all. I was hoping to get the name change before summiting my "appplication for review"

When I set my account to client mode, clicking on Settings does not have the Contract Info option, but I see that the My Info section does. Clicking the pencil in the Account card, updating the name, and clicking save returns a toaster message saying "Account info successfully updated" and message in that section saying "
Your name change request is under review and will be processed in 48 hours". Like I said I have done this several times, but nothing seems to be a happening

As mentioned above, I'm trying to get this completed before summiting my appplication for review to prevent any delays

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS