cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name Change Request

Rashed R Member Since: Apr 2, 2013
1 of 25
Hi everyone, I need a solution form a Expert. That is i want to change my odesk profile name form Rashed Rahman to Md. Rashadur Rahaman. In my National Id Card my name is Md. Rashadur Rahaman. So my question is that if i submite my NID and Bank statement( Md. Rashadur Rahaman).. is i face any problem. i am very much worried about this because i did a very hard work to make my profile....i will not lost it.... Please give me a nice solution...i already contact with the customer care...but do not get any proper solution. Thanks
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 25
Hi Rashed, You can change your name only once, and you'll need to verify your identity in order to do this. Please request a name change from your profile and then verify your identity by submitting the required documents. Details here.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Rashed R Member Since: Apr 2, 2013
3 of 25
Now oDesk just need Phone verification and NID or passport for ID verification......Do you tell me if i submit my Bangladehi NID for my id verification....is oDesk accept my document...??? IS bangladeshi NID is acceptable for verify oDesk ID...??
Salony G Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 25

Hello Everyone, I need a help. My name is 'Salony Gupta' on 'oDesk' and 'Salony' in 'Bank Account' without any surname.

If I edit my profile name then there is a mandatory check on "Last Name" field, so I can't change it to "Salony" only.

I have read an article, according to which my oDesk profile name must be same as Bank Account Name. Can I change my name "Salony Gupta" to "Salony" so that I can add my bank account details as well. If not, then what should I do in order to make it done.

Thanks.

Hetarth S Member Since: Jan 7, 2016
5 of 25

Hello Salony G.

I am Nirav - I have read your question and I suggest you to go to live support and ask them about your query. Or you can use . (dot) in the last name and it will help to reduce your query about 50%.

Best Regards,

NIRAV

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 25

Hetarth S wrote:

I am Nirav

Why does it say Hetarth on your profile?

Waqar A Member Since: Dec 11, 2015
7 of 25

hi every one please help me to change my name in up work

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 25

Hi Mirza,

In order to change your profile name, please follow these steps:

- Click on the picture in the upper-right corner and go to Settings.

- On the Contact Info page, click "Edit" next to "Account" and enter your real legal first and last names.

-  Click "Update."

You may be contacted by Upwork team and asked to complete ID verification.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Tengo H Member Since: Dec 11, 2015
9 of 25

Is it possible to work (including app and time tracker) while the process of ID verification is in progress?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 25

Hi Tengo,

It depends on the situation and the reason why ID verification was requested. I suggest communicating with the team directly through a ticket.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS