My profile is in my maiden name.
After my marriage - both my first and last names stand changed: this isn't so unusual with Asians.
I now wish to have my profile name changed, how may i do so.
A few other relevant pointers:
1. I then stopped working at Upwork (then oDesk) about six years ago.
2. i have also moved countries - though my citizenship remains the same, i now file my taxes elsewhere and have relevant tax identification too - which means my payout banking details would change too.
Help! Want to get started but wish to have the name mess sorted.
i dont wish to forego my Upwork history/profile either.
You can submit a name change request by going to Settings > Contact Info > updating your name.
Regarding your location, if you have moved for a longer period you will need to update your address to reflect your new location. Feel free to let me know your current location/country and our team will update it from our end. Thank you.
Thank you for your quick response Goran!
I will update my new name rightaway!
Answering your question : "Regarding your location, if you have moved for a longer period you will need to update your address to reflect your new location. "
1. I am married to an American. I file my taxes in USA. Have an ITIN.
2. I do NOT file my taxes anymore in India, though I have an Indian Passport - owing to the understanding between the two countries - also known as DTA (Double Tax Avoidance)
3. However, my husband & I, live and work in Qatar - on a permanent residency visa.
4. Qatar does not levy any taxes. It is a tax-free nation.
5. I however, do have bank accounts in Qatar, USA, India - which one should I connect with my Upwork payout AND what supporting documents would I need?
I need help to understand which country's bank account I should connect, so i may add THAT address in my updated records. Also I suppose I may need corroborating documents, to reflect my residency? I am scouring the Help section and I hope to find out which :-)
Hugely appreciate the prompt response and the help.
Just to clarify about your profile address. When you`re moving for a short period of time there's no need to update your location. If you have moved for a longer period of time, then your address will need to reflect your new location.
Regarding taxes, I would recommend reaching out to a local tax expert to learn more about how to report your income/earnings.
To learn more about our available payment methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.
Thank you Goran!
1. I believe my move to Qatar should qualify as a long move - been here over 18 months now. Going over the HELP articles to verify now.
2. Yes, I have required TAX advise. However, my question stemmed from the fact, what banking documents for verification maybe required, with Upwork. And the resulting change in COUNTRY on my profile.
Just ovrwhelmed and puzzled - but getting there.
Thanks much again!
Feel free to update your information accordingly and rest assured our team will reach out to you with detailed instructions if you need to verify your profile. Thank you.