🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Name Change
Page options
asheissketchy
Community Member

Name Change

I got married within the past year and legally have taken my husband's last name (I've been using my new name on my tax documents, insurance, etc.) However, my Driver's License and Passport are still in my maiden name, and I have yet to change those since I am travelling abroad next month and don't want to risk not getting my updated documents in time, as these things can sometimes take weeks to process. I've verified my location via Upwork, but would still like to change my name sooner than later (especially as my resume/social media accounts/email signature all reflect my married name).
Is there a way to change my name using my marriage certificate as proof of my name change? Or should I just avoid the hassle and continue looking for work under my maiden name?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Ashley,

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

Editting to provide an update:

As confirmed by our team, your name change request has already been approved. You may log in to your account and check. Thanks again!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
colettelewis
Community Member

You need to ask customer support  to help you change your name. I have flagged your post so that a mod can help you. 

JoanneP

Hi Ashley,

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

Editting to provide an update:

As confirmed by our team, your name change request has already been approved. You may log in to your account and check. Thanks again!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello madam
Can you help me to change my name to my real name... i can send you my passport to check my real photo and name
Best wishes for you

Hi Blasius, 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

thanks for your reply. 

recently i added my payment method, my name in the bank - the real and legal name - differnt from my name in the upwork profile.I requst to change my name to match my Bank name. i can send you my prove(Passport).  

Best wishes

Hi Blasius,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fcc0176a
Community Member

I got married last 2020 and need help changing my last name to my married name. My bank details are already in my married name. Thank you

Hi Ayessa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths