🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name Change
Page options
arafatislam30
Community Member

Name Change

I created an Upwork account with my google.

But, the name of my google acc was not my legal name.

So I created a profile name change request.

And the name was changed at Account Setting.

But on my profile page, the name is not changed yet and not showing the change name.
Please help me because I complete one job successfully and I need to verify.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Arafat,

I checked, and it looks like your name change request has been approved. Your updated name is already showing in your profile. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser and check again?

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
JoanneP

Hi Arafat,

I checked, and it looks like your name change request has been approved. Your updated name is already showing in your profile. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser and check again?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,

I have set up a new account and used my trading name which is my maiden name - Nikki Pipe. My verification won't be accepted as my married name is Nikki Richards - trying to submit my driving licence but its obviously not in the account name so won't be accepted. I want to change my user name and account name to Nikki Richards. How can I do this so that my documents for verification can be approved?

Thanks so much.

Nikki

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikki,

While it looks like you were able o successfully complete your verification process, you can still update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
riabm
Community Member

Hi. I’m unable to edit my name too. It’s not an option. I signed up through Google.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Iya,

Just to clarify, are you able to access your Settings? If you're receiving any errors on your end, feel free to share the text of the error here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I was able to update my name but in My Profile it still shows the old
one. Any ideas?

Hi Ria,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? I checked and your name change request has been approved. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi

Im having the same issues with Arafat. Where to find the request to change the name?

Hi Harmon,

I checked and it looks like you were able to send a request for name change. Could you please let us know if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
57a40f30
Community Member

Hi! I have the same issue with my name from Google. There's no option to edit my name in my profile.
e055d150
Community Member

Hi Nikolas,

I've sent request for name change countless times but it still hasn't gone through. 

I used my surname before my first name and I'm trying to switch it in order for it to match with my bank details 

Hi Chidire,

Apologies for the delay in reviewing your name change request. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will review your request as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
f3cbf964
Community Member

Hey Upwork,I have requested to change my Name as I have by mistakenly changed my name to my dad's name ....Now my bank account details is not matching with my Upwork account because of difference of name...Please fix this as soon as possible or I wont be able to receive my payment in time....

Also , I wanna ask that as my payment method is deactivated due to  the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match to the name on my Upwork account,Then how should I activate it after my name is changed

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashok Kumar,

It looks like your name change request was approved. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3012a0a6
Community Member

I seem to have a problem changing my name could you possibly help me? The account I created in upwork is connected to my Google account, I've been trying to change it for several times now but hasn't changed since. I'm clueless on what else to do, I hope that you can help me set it up. Thank you so much for your time!

Hi Manokshi,

To edit your name please go to Settings › Contact Info and click on the pencil icon to change your name. You can find more information here.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3012a0a6
Community Member

Hello Nikola! I've tried that option for at least five times but every time I visit my profile, nothing's been changed, I've also allowed interval in each name change request for the 48 hours review. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or my request isn't getting approved by the team. I hope you can help me fix this. Thank You so much!

Hi Manokshi,

Thank you for your message.

I see that your name change request is already initiated on your account and it is under review now. Your request will be processed within 48 hours. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep! It's been days now and upon checking my account, my name still hasn't changed. Can you help me with this? I don't think it's ever gonna be approved. I tried requesting a name change again today but I doubt that it will make any difference.

Hi Manokshi,

I have followed up with the team about your name change request. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

It seem I have the same issue. My name change request is currently under review. Should I wait until it approved?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

-Bartholomeo

Hi Bart, 

It looks like your name change request has been approved and it's already listed on your profile. If you're not seeing it on your end, you can try clearing your browser's cookies. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0724e7ca
Community Member

Hi! I recently changed my name to my married name, because I can't add my bank account here in Upwork due to name mismatch. But I can't verify my identity now because I do not have updated government ID aside from my Philhealth ID.  Can I possibly change my name back to my maiden name?

Hi Jemima,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active within 3 days. For ID verification, I see that the relevant team has already notified you via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
ed3e2b8e
Community Member

hi there , i have the same issue and i need to get my name changes to get paid, will you please help me ? 

Hi Doaa,

You can change the name on your profile by going to Settings> Contact Info> There should be a pencil icon under "Account". From there, you'll have the option to change/update your name. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ed3e2b8e
Community Member

I already did that and they told me to wait 48 hours but nothing happened , my name seems ro be changed when i go to my contact info but its still the same in my profile and yet not matched with my bank account 

Hi there , 

i needed to change my name to get paid 

my bank account has the name Doaa "Ahmed" but in upwork its Doaa "Ahmd" , i made a request a couple of days ago but i got no reposnd, can anyone resolve this ? 

thank in advance 

Hi Doaa,

Thank you for following up. I reach out to the team handling your case and your name mismach is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
a99720de
Community Member

I have the same problem, I try to go to the settings to change my name but it does not take the changes.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vanina, 

Could you please confirm what happens when you click on this edit button here? Are you showing any errors or a notification, or is the button unresponsive?

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members