🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Name Correction
Page options
8800ccde
Community Member

Name Correction

Hello, I have tried to get my name corrected several times. I have also completed the ID verification, and certainly the ID and my name on profile does not match. Could you please advice how I can get that corrected?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi John,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
lysis10
Community Member

John A wrote:

Hello, I have tried to get my name corrected several times. I have also completed the ID verification, and certainly the ID and my name on profile does not match. Could you please advice how I can get that corrected?

The solution is to kill your account because you are not who you say you are.

8800ccde
Community Member

Does this mean that the video call to vefiry my ID did not match the name on my profile, and that is okay. However my profile still says my ID is verified.

lysis10
Community Member

John A wrote:

Does this mean that the video call to vefiry my ID did not match the name on my profile, and that is okay. However my profile still says my ID is verified.

Your image is a picture of a CTO and ex Google engineer and his name isn't "John," so Upwork needs to kill this account. If you passed verification, that's pretty ridiculous.

8800ccde
Community Member

Exactly my point. I dont know where the name John comes from. and so it needs to be changed from John.

I am literally dying...to help you.
Can you make your profile public please?
petra_r
Community Member

John A wrote:

Exactly my point. I dont know where the name John comes from. and so it needs to be changed from John.

Why would **Edited for Community Guidelines** create a profile called John something or the other?

John A wrote:

I think it comes from this guy...

Walls_Bridges_1974_Gruen_JohnLennon-home-slider-min.jpg

lysis10
Community Member

What's really funny is that he has a blue checkmark on his account too. lol That process is working really well it seems. 

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

What's really funny is that he has a blue checkmark on his account too. lol That process is working really well it seems. 

Been some real gold yucks today.

valery221166
Community Member

Can you also occasionally change your country for US or UK?

Great, if so.
John from Liverpool, that´s all.
The issue resolved.

JoanneP

Hi John,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8800ccde
Community Member

Thank you Jennifer, Mark, Petra, Joanne! My issue has been resolved.

I am glad that identity is taken seriously at upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths