🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Name Mismatch on ID Verification
Page options
attique-shariq
Community Member

Name Mismatch on ID Verification

I recently added my primary billing method but I used my Uncle's card (with his permission ofcourse). Then I got the prompt to verify my ID but the name of my uncle is showing. I can't seem to change the name even though I changed my billing method to my card. Please let me know how to resolve this issue. If I put my Uncle's ID in verification, would that solve the problem? Upwork account and withdrawal method is in my name along with the billing method now too.

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shariq,

Please note that you can use a bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your payment method verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,
You misunderstood the problem.
I have attached the image of the problem i am facing.
As you can see my name is Shariq Attique and in the image it says Muhammad Rashid Khan which is the name of my uncle who's debit card i used (ofcourse with his permission). Now i want to change that name with my name which i am unable to do because it is not giving me the option to change that name.
I am unable to change that name even after when i have removed his debit card and added my debit card in place.

Please solve this problem soon.
Thankyou.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks for following up with the clarification, Shariq. I've shared this with our support team and our agent will assist you accordingly through the support ticket already opened for you. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,
I still haven't heard from anyone regarding that problem. Please can you saolve that soon because until its done i cant apply for work.

Hi Shariq,

I checked your ticket with number 26220433 and can confirm that it was escalated properly. One of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Upwork Team,

With the heartiest greeting to you ! with due to respect this is regret to inform you when i went through my id verification process it shows my brother name which i putted on payment method because i was using after this i delete my primary and put my mother bank card the day before yesterday to buy member ship plan and i activated the membership plus on upwork Either the main cause is When i went through the id verfication process in intial it show my brother name so kindly sort out this i am geniune freelancer  and i want to be part of upwork to be paid always all the the time kindly sort out id verfication process so let video chat or document uploading kindly sort out this as soon as possible  i will be glad to listen you again here is one more another which stuck which is i cant make support ticket reguarding prolem either my best wishes are always with upwork team who work hard for the clients and freelancer i am ready to provide any kind of document because i am true freelancer i had a skills which make me top rated and top upwork by satisfying clients 

Thank you

Reguard 

Imran Ali

graphic_master1
Community Member

Hello Dear,

With due to respect with my heartest greeting to you, i am also stuck in this same process can you guide me how to resolve or have your ticket resolved 

Thank you

Reguard

Imran ALI

Hi Imran,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

With respect , I am also stuck in this same process, as I used my friends credit card to receive payment, can you guide me how to resolve the issue?

Thank you

Best Regards

You cannot use someone else's card or ID or payment method in your profile. To resolve this, you have to use a method that is yours.

zafar768
Community Member

Hi I have stuck in same problem. I used my friend payment method and  now I have removed that account add my own now I want to identify so I am not able to change. kindly guide me how can i change and verify my own identity,Kindly help me

Hi Zafar,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
18b75690
Community Member

I experiencing a similar problem,

When I try to verify my account, the name displayed is different than that used in my government ID and profile name. Can anyone from Upwork please assist me further?

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths