🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name change issue (Use of Dr. Prefix)
Page options
1db817f7
Community Member

Name change issue (Use of Dr. Prefix)

I'm Dr. Irfan, a medical doctor. I have a query regarding the use of prefix Dr. before my first name. I have changed it from Contact info and after updating, it says that its under review for 48 hours. Will it change by 48 hours? Should I need to send my educational credentials via e-mail right now for updating the name or not?
Irfan
6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hello Dr. Irfan,

I see that your name change request is already approved on your account. Feel free to message us if you have further questions.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for the information

But, My profile is still showing only Irfan Siddique, not Dr. Irfan Siddique.
If it is approved, then why is it so?

Anticipation in advance.

Regards,
Dr. Irfan S
Irfan

Hi Dr. Irfan,

I have manually generated your profile which should now be reflecting the most recent information. Please clear your cache and cookies or try using a different browser to check if it shows on your end after this.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1db817f7
Community Member

Yes, Thank you.
After clearing the cache, it's updated now.

Can I ask a question about the rising talent badge? I have fulfilled the criteria, and my profile is 100% complete, passed the readiness test, and completed one job with excellent feedback & rating while two are in progress. Still, there’s no invitation from Upwork. Does my profile lack at some point? kindly look into this matter and guide, if possible.

Regards,
Dr. Irfan S.
Irfan

Hi Dr. Irfa,

I am glad that the name issue is now resolved. 

Thank you for your question! Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

I won't be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent qualification specifics. Thank you for understanding.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

I too would love to be called Dr. Prefix. Way cooler than Dr. Strange, for instance. Less strange. 😉
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths