🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name change not going through
Page options
hannahnelson02
Community Member

Name change not going through

I got married and want to get my new legal name and bank info into my Upwork profile. I've tried multiple times to change my name, and I've even reached out to the help chat about it, but I haven't heard back from anyone, and my name change request has still not gone through.

I know it says that the name change request will take up to 48 hours to complete, but it's been over 4 days since I requested the name change and reached out in Upwork's helpdesk for assistance...

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hannahnelson02
Community Member

Hi, Luiggi.

Thank you. I saw the response from the team, and unfortunately, it was not much help. They basically said the same information that is available in the FAQs. I have attempted to request a name change for over 4 days now, and I am unable to update my bank account information because my new bank account is under my married name, but my current Upwork profile is still under my maiden name. 

Can you please provide additional help, because this is getting crazy that it's so complicated to change my account to my new, legal name. I will not be able to take on any new jobs or get paid because I need to have my legal name/bank account information in my account to be able to do that. 

Hi Hannah,

I'm sorry that the information provided by the Customer Support agent didn't help. I can see that you've already replied to them with more information, so please wait for them to get back to you, as they're the ones who can assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Upwork Support has been swamped for a few months now. Even ID verification takes several days, based on notices posted by Upwork and on other freelancers' posts. As much as it sucks, you just have to wait. Multiply any published "wait time" by at least 3 to get a better approximation for the new processing rate.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members