🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name change on earning certificate
Page options
aishak344
Community Member

Name change on earning certificate

Hello Upwork team!

When I first created my account, it was under a fake name. I've updated it to my real name, but my earning certificate still shows the old fake name. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

31 REPLIES 31
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mawra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your certificate. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

The chatbot isn't helpful at this time and so I'm wondering if you could assist me with this matter as well.

I need a Certificate of Earnings under my married name.

I was able to change my maiden name to my married name I think more than a year ago, but when I requested my Certificate of Earnings, it states my maiden name instead. I badly need it asap for paperwork. Hope you or anyone in your team could help.

Best,
Apple

Hi Apple,

I checked with the team and the correct name is now showing on the Certificate of Earnings. Let me know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for the quick action. Everything's good.

Best,
Apple

Hi Aleksandar,

I have a similar problem with my certificate of earnings. My name is written in Cyrillic. And my first name is  misspelled. My real first name is Vadim. But it is written as Vadsh (Вадш in Cyrillic). Can you fix it please? I can't do it myself. Besides, I do not need my name to be written in Cyrillic. It is also possible in the Latin alphabet, especially since the entire text is written in English.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Vadim.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, 

I need help to change my earning certificate name. I already change my account name. But not show my full name on the earning certificate. Right now, it's showing me this name. Md Karim. My full name is Md. Rezaul Karim. I want to show it on my earning certificate.

Regards

Rezaul

Hi Rezaul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello! I need help fixing the name on my certificate of earnings. It is missing the first letter of my name, and now i am unable to withdraw the funds on my account. Need help fixing it. ASAP. Thank you so much!

Hi Cyd,

Please be patient for 72 hours so that the review on your payment method is completed. Once this is done, you will be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

<p>Thank you.&nbsp;<br /><br /></p>
<p>Also need help in fixing the name under certificate of earnings. It is missing the first letter of my name.&nbsp;</p>

Hi Cyd,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your certificate. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Do you have any idea how I can have my name written in english letters in the certificate of earnings?

it's written in arabic (with messed up letters) and I actually need it in English letters.

Do you have any idea how I can contact support/ open a ticket for this?

I attached a screen shot below it's not even written using proper arabic.

Thanks a lot.

Habiba Youssef

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Habiba,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
mssarfraz1
Community Member

Delete

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us,  Shahan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Delete

Delete

yusefju
Community Member

Hello i want to change my name for certificate of earning please can you help me?

Hi Youssef,

I checked and it looks like your name is correctly displayed on your Ceritiface of Earnings. If you want to change your name go to Settings › Contact Info and click on the pencil icon to edit your name. You can find more information here

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
yusefju
Community Member

Hello Nikola

no my name in certificate of earnings is Yousseju Jundi and my real name is Youssef Jundi there is misspelling in my first name

Thank you

Hi Youssef,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
8073f727
Community Member

Hi Andrea G,

I am also facing a similar problem with my certificate of earnings. I have already opened a ticket about it.

Ticket ID: 36132222

Can you please solve this issue ASAP?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mohsin,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pardeep,

Thank you for your response. I need this to be done as soon as possible. Your priority support for this will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mohsin Shabbir

52f7cd06
Community Member

Hi, I need help on this too my name on earning certificate is different kindly help me correct it at earliest as benificiary name and profile name is also mismatched.

Faiza Atif

Hi Faiza,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
52f7cd06
Community Member

i want to know how is this earning certofocate generated as it has a different name?

Faiza Atif

Hi Faiza,

Your Certificate of Earnings should include your verified name on your profile along with your address, profile title, URL, and a statement explaining that you are a freelancer through our platform. If you have concerns about the name appearing on the report, we highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
27def4f4
Community Member

Hi, I would like to change my name in certificate of earnings. I tried different methods like submitting ID verification and all, which mentioned in upwork articles, but it didn't work. Please guide me how can I change it.

Hi FEMI,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members