cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name change

Highlighted
Zoe C Member Since: Mar 24, 2015
1 of 5

I recently changed my name. I am wondering how to change it on Upwork. I've submitted the request three times only to come back and see the changes not made and no explanation offered for why. How can I speak with a live person, explain the situation, and upload the documents? This is getting really frustrating.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2 of 5

Hi Zoe,

Thanks for your message. Please click on Settings > Contact Info. Changing your name to anything other than a recognized name variation (for example James to Jim) will require ID verification. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Highlighted
Zoe C Member Since: Mar 24, 2015
3 of 5
Thanks. I’m aware of this, but how do I do this? Where do I send my ID?
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Zoe,

Do you get any errors when you go to your Contact Info page, click on the pencil icon to edit the information and click Update? Also, you may or may not be asked to verify your ID.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Md. Arafat - Member Since: Apr 5, 2018
5 of 5

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003658388-Change-Your-Profile-Name?flash_digest=5571...

To change your name

Go to Settings > Contact Info to edit your name.

• Changing your name to anything other than a recognized name variation (for example James to Jim) will require ID verification
  • To set up payment to your bank account, your name in Upwork must match your name on your bank account
  • You can't transfer accounts from one person to another
Md Arafat
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS