🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name difference
Page options
agustin-remesal
Community Member

Name difference

Hello, My name is Agustin Bellucci. But I have been using Agustin Remesal for professional name. I would like to know if this is a problem when I have identity verification.

Now I didn't pass verification. 10 mins later, I got a badge and 12 hours later suspended.

Please help me regarding this difference.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Agustin R wrote:

I would like to know if this is a problem when I have identity verification.

Of course it's a problem... How do you expect to pass ID verification when the name on your profile is not your name?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Agustin R wrote:

I would like to know if this is a problem when I have identity verification.

Of course it's a problem... How do you expect to pass ID verification when the name on your profile is not your name?

Thank you Petra. Then, is it solution to change it as my real name?

Agustin R wrote:

Thank you Petra. Then, is it solution to change it as my real name?

Yes. 

Yes, My real name on document is Agustin Bellucci. But I registered with the name of Agustin Remesal. It was my fault. I knew that I could use anonymouse, too.

Agustin R wrote:

Yes, My real name on document is Agustin Bellucci. But I registered with the name of Agustin Remesal. It was my fault. I knew that I could use anonymouse, too.

You need to request a name change. I think how it works is you change your name in your profile and wait to get it approved. 

Martina P wrote:

Agustin R wrote:

You need to request a name change. I think how it works is you change your name in your profile and wait to get it approved. 

He won't be able to now, he's already suspended. Once you are asked to do ID verification, the ability to change certain details is removed (photo is another)

Thank you for your kind answer Martina.

a_collitt
Community Member

I have the same query too - my writer's name is different to my real name which is on my proof of identity documents. Please can someone help? I can't apply for some projects without passing through this stage. Thank you.

Hi Andrea,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths