🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name mismatch
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Ana Claudia,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jayyearsley
Community Member

Hi there, 

I have a bunch of money from jobs sitting in my balance and I can't get them because it's saying that the name on my bank account doesn't match the name on my Upwork account; but it does.

Originally I had a nickname as my upwork account name (as that's all I ever go by) but after it didn't work I changed my Upwork name to my legal name. But it still says the name on my Upwork account doesn't match the name on my bank info.

I've had my identity approved and everything so I'm not sure why this is happening.

I tried deleting and reuploading my payment method and got an email that said that my payment method was updated to my Financial Account, but then stated my nickname as the Financial Account, even though I had changed it.

I really have no idea what to do now. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Hi James,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rkladwal
Community Member

Hi I'm having the same problem. In my upwork profile, I have my surname in Upwork account but in my bank account, I have a middle name only. Can you please help me out in this so I can start working on upwork.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fayyrouz
Community Member

PayPal will not pair to my account due to name mismatches even though my name is the same on both platforms and I'm using the same email for both

Hi Fayrouz,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, 

The verification failed again because the beneficiary name does not match. I'm sure it does. Is there anything I could do about this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fayrouz,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fayyrouz
Community Member

Hello Bojan, thank you.

bettysays_
Community Member

Hello,
First i sign in this website my name was Bengisu Acar. But after that i was married. And my name changed Bengisu Acar Öztürkler. And i change it from profile settings. 2 days after my name revised to Bengisu Acar Öztürkler. Today i tried to add a payment method but always i got same answer ‘your profile name doesn’t match your bank name’ but i see my profile name and bank name is the same!
Is can be for different letters ö,ü,i in my name?
And i received some mails about this, and my name seems Bengisu Acar on those mails. But my profile name seems Bengisu Acar Öztürkler.
Please help!
Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bengisu,

It looks like you removed your payment method. Feel free to add it again and our team will update you within the next 24 hours regarding the name mismatch on it and if additional verification is required for this process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, i added the payment method again.

I have the same problem as well. What should I do?

Hi Jhean,

You need to allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are needed from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ma_miles
Community Member

the beneficiary name is mismatched     how to deal 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Xinlong,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you very much

I have the same issue. I just added/connected a new payment method and got flagged and my new payment method has been deactivated because my name on Upwork is different from the beneficiary name. On Upwork I use the short name (nickname) whilst on my bank account, I use my full name. 

Hi Arti,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Same here with trying to link my PayPal account. I use the shortened version on Upwork, for convenience. My PayPal account is in my full name. 

Hi Hikaru,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hikaru, are you playing chess so you nicknamed yourself Hikaru? 😄 

Hi,

I added my mother's bank account. I don't have a bank account. What should i Do?

Hi Mahmudul,

Please keep in mind that you can add a payment method that is issued on your name or if your name is listed as a beneficiary name. To learn more about our payment methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi if you could also please help me with the mismatched name from the paypal account?

Hi Jadrienne,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same here. I have the 'The beneficiary name is mismatched' error in Payment details tab.

Hi Dmitry,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I have the same issue with beneficiary names don’t match. Please help

Hello, I have the same issue with beneficiary names don’t match. Please help me
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jana,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can I talk directly to someone to tell me what exactly is the problem? Because as I can see the names on my Upwork and my PayPal account are the same.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jana,

Please keep in mind that usually, it can take up to 3 days for a payment method to be verified. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Can you tell me is this maybe because my name is not same as the name in the ID? I have tried to change the name, to make it like it is in the ID, but I am still waiting for Upwork to change it

Hi, I have the same problem, in Upwork and Paypal I use the same name. 

Hi Valeria, and Fouad,

Valeria, I checked and it seems that you already added your PayPal account. You need to allow 3 days to pass before the method becomes active.

Fouad, there are no billing methods added on your account. Could you please try adding your billing method and let me know if you are receiving the notification again?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue. I think its because the name of may paypal account is in korean and my upwork username is in English

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Keun,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem, Upwork and Paypal names are the same, I need support for this ASAP 
Thanks in advance

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths