cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Names in black.

Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 14
Quite often I see applicants names in black rather than blue, Can someone tell me what, specifically, it means please?
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 14
If an applicant's name is written in black, it would mean that they made their profile private. Those written in blue are public and if you notice, you can click on the name and it takes you to their page.
3 of 14
OK, thanks, but I've noticed the black names are much more prevalent in low-paid jobs. Logic dictates that black names would be more noticeable in the well-paid jobs, since I'd assume that there'd be much more benefit to being private if you're successful. Can you explain to me why someone who'd apply for low-paid jobs (i.e. really needs the work) would make themselves private?
4 of 14
Possibly so that random browsers can't tell that the profile/portfolio pieces are nicked.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
5 of 14
It's not really something that I can explain.
Ace Contributor
Nicole H Member Since: Nov 15, 2007
6 of 14
Maybe they just don't like stalkers?
7 of 14
I reckon that's cleared up as much as can be then, thank you. Unless a private profiler is reading this and would like to give me a more comprehensive explanation?
Ace Contributor
Angela C Member Since: Oct 7, 2011
8 of 14
Hi Ramon, I am a black name, its just a preference but I don't do low paid jobs.
9 of 14
Yes, I can see why people who've built a strong reputation/clientele may not wish to be bothered by unsolicited communication, but what interests me is why black names become more prevalent in the 'bids of under $1' category as well.
Ace Contributor
Angela C Member Since: Oct 7, 2011
10 of 14
Oh I wouldn't know the answer to that one
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS