🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Nda and SSN
Page options
mehmetcanhoroz
Community Member

Nda and SSN

Hi, i have an interview but customer wants to sign NDA. That's normal but he asked me my address, phone number, name and surname to prepare NDA form but in the document, it also asking SSN or Tax number. I have ssn so address and ssn and phone .s Should I share?

NDA content is okay for me but giving that info made me little nerves.

Should SSN be shared ?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

I wouldn’t. They don’t need it. If they want to verify your identity then they should require it to be notarized.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
florydev
Community Member

I wouldn’t. They don’t need it. If they want to verify your identity then they should require it to be notarized.

Thank you, so if he says no necessary ssn I will sign maybe recreate docs but with ssn I won't. Thank you

I would specifically address it and say I am sorry I will not provide my SSN without knowing why?  If you would like I can take the form and get it notorized.

Mark, in order for something to be notarized, the person must physically be with the notary and provide identification.

I would just tell the client that Upwork already has your identification information and you would prefer that they check with UW rather than include the information on the NDA.  I often sign NDAs and never provide my social security number.

Mary W wrote:

Mark, in order for something to be notarized, the person must physically be with the notary and provide identification.

Yes, I understand that is how a notary works...why couldn't he do that?  Did I miss something about why he couldn't do that?  He has a SSN and lives in Texas.

Your suggestion is probably right in that there is no need to offer that.  I haven't seen an NDA on UW that required a SSN but if they did I probably put in my EIN anyway.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths