cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Nearly finished project, client doesn't want it. Should I ask for payment?

Kayla H Member Since: Apr 17, 2019
11 of 16
Okay, so there is no money in escrow. There is only one milestone for this project, which was not funded. Should I still ask them to pay me to compensate for my work? Obviously not the full price.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 16

Kayla H wrote:
Okay, so there is no money in escrow. There is only one milestone for this project, which was not funded.

This is not possible - the first milestone MUST have been funded. It is not possible to create a fixed rate contract without funding the first milestone.

Did the client cancel the contract and generated a "Return of Escrow Funds" request?

13 of 16
Here's a screenshot for context. They did not cancel the contract. Sorry for the confusion.
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 16

Kayla H wrote:
Here's a screenshot for context. They did not cancel the contract. Sorry for the confusion.

There's $100 funded. You can see it says "(funded)"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
15 of 16

Kayla H wrote:

ok, it is funded (money is in Escrow)

I would suggest you contact the client and explain that as XX% of the work is done you will be submitting for XX% of the amount as you did the work. Be polite, understanding of their issue, but firm. The client entered a legally binding contract.

Then wait for the the client's response, and if none is forthcoming, use the "Submit for payment" function and request the percentage you decided is fair.

16 of 16
Okay, I'll do that. Thank you, Petra, and everyone else for your help!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS