🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need Feedback on my Profile
Page options
johnsonbarbaraf
Community Member

Need Feedback on my Profile

I am a new freelancer to UpWork.  I worked for over 20 years in the non-profit and corporate world before taking early retirement.  Now I want to return to work, just not a 9-5 job.  I don't have any material I can attach to the portfolio portion of my profile or job proposals because all the work I did in the corporate world was proprietary and owned by the companies I worked for...Any suggestions on how to handle this portion of my profile and job proposals?

Thanks,

Barbara

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Portfolio items don't have to be for paying clients, you can create them from scratch specifically for your portfolio. Another good way to accumulate some is by doing pro bono work for local worthy causes. 

Threadjack alert: I'm curious about your farm. A close friend of mine keeps a couple of pygora goats and spins their fleece.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Portfolio items don't have to be for paying clients, you can create them from scratch specifically for your portfolio. Another good way to accumulate some is by doing pro bono work for local worthy causes. 

Threadjack alert: I'm curious about your farm. A close friend of mine keeps a couple of pygora goats and spins their fleece.

Thank you so much for responding to my question.  I didn't realize that I could create my own items for my portfolio, so your response is very helpful.

In response to the "threadjack alert", LOL, we primarily raise sheep and dairy goats.  We raise Clun Forest sheep, which are a heritage breed and rare in the US, and we raise Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats.  Like your friend with her Pygora goats, we raise the sheep as much for their fleece as we do for meat.  We sell the fleeces, and we also have them made into yarn and roving that we sell as well.  We use the goat's milk to make soap, lotions and other beauty products that we also sell.  Almost all our sales are through online channels.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members