cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Guideline

Abid H Member Since: Nov 20, 2012
1 of 5
I am very new user of odesk. i know everybody has its precious time. I need some initial guide line. I shall very thankful if some one will help me in odesk forum.
Toheed A Member Since: Mar 18, 2013
2 of 5
Hello Abid, I suggest you to keep yourself updated with Odesk Blog, there is some decent stuff to learn there, but the first thing I would like to suggest is to read the Odesk Freelancer Manual, it'll help you learn some basic rules and some very important practices. Getting first job is sometimes a difficult thing. But everyone was new here at some time, so don't panic, browse and observe what other freelancers of your category have on their Portfolios, load and maintain a Portfolio of your previous work if you have done any, complete your profile, mention an appropriate rate on your profile according to your services, neither too high nor too low, just be average. Always write a professional cover letter, introducing yourself and the time you'll take to complete the task, any similar experience, etc. Don't extra emphasize your skills, be brief and comprehensive. Smiley Happy Then sit back and don't panic if the client does not respond. Only apply to those jobs that you are sure you can do. "Patience" is very important to get your first job.
Manik H Member Since: Nov 7, 2014
3 of 5

i an a new user on odesk. plz help me any one.

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
4 of 5

Hi guys,

Have a read through the 'Help and Support' section. I'm sure things will become a lot clearer.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
5 of 5
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS