🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need Help! Not getting orders!
Page options
iftikhar025
Community Member

Need Help! Not getting orders!

deleted!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Iftikhar Ud D wrote:

As for my proposals, I start with greetings, I introduce myself, and then I continue with how I will complete his project.

This proposal is not good. It's basically a slightly better version of "yes, I do job you hire me." 

You barely speak to the client's project at all. 

You need to read some of the Upwork resources on proposal writing. The reason you aren't getting work is because your proposal is not interesting to clients and your profile is not very good. Marketing yourself is a big part of freelancing. You might have the skills to do the work but unless you can sell yourself to clients, you won't get any work, and it won't matter how good your skills are. Right now you're doing barely the bare minimum. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
a_lipsey
Community Member

Iftikhar Ud D wrote:

Hi, fellow Upworkians! I hope you are doing well.

I used to offer my services in Electronics. One time I took a project for my friend but later he got sick and couldn't complete the project in time due to which I got a bad review. 

Now, after a year, I offer services in data science. I had around 140 connections. I kept submitting proposals and now I am left with only 47. Still, no one reached to me in my Inbox.

What should I do? Should I make a new profile and start as fresh?

I will be waiting for your valuable feedbacks.

Thanks and Regards,

Iftikhar

Taking a project for your friend is against the TOS. Only you are allowed to offer work from your profile. 

It is also against the TOS to start a new account. You get one account in your lifetime, that's it. 

It sounds like whatever your proposals are and your profile do not appeal to clients. So you need to work on writing better proposals and your profile too. Your profile is not good. I suggest you post in the New to Upwork forum under the ongoing Get Proposal Feedback thread. 

In terms of your proposals, can you share a version of what you are sending out? We can give feedback, but I suspect your proposals are probably generic and talk about yourself instead of solving the client's problem. 

deleted!

Iftikhar Ud D wrote:

I took the project from my profile. My friend would just assist me in the coding part. 

Exactly, this is not allowed. You can only take work that you can do. Subcontracting is only allowed WITH the client's permission AND on fixed price contracts only. You should only be taking jobs that you can do. 

Yeah, after that, I am not doing that again. But what can I do now? I have spent one-year getting expertise in the Data Science field. So, once I make the client come into my inbox, then it's an easy job for me to convince the client. I sometimes attach samples of my related projects but still, I don't get any response.

Hi Iftikhar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that sharing your account information and having multiple accounts as a freelancer is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks, Nikola. Duly noted!

Iftikhar Ud D wrote:

Yeah, after that, I am not doing that again. But what can I do now? I have spent one-year getting expertise in the Data Science field. So, once I make the client come into my inbox, then it's an easy job for me to convince the client. I sometimes attach samples of my related projects but still, I don't get any response.

I don't know what you mean by "come into my inbox" but clearly they aren't responding to your proposals so you aren't getting your foot in the door. So you need to work on your profile and your proposals so you can get them to respond and start that conversation. That's all there is to it, really. 

Iftikhar Ud D wrote:

As for my proposals, I start with greetings, I introduce myself, and then I continue with how I will complete his project.

This proposal is not good. It's basically a slightly better version of "yes, I do job you hire me." 

You barely speak to the client's project at all. 

You need to read some of the Upwork resources on proposal writing. The reason you aren't getting work is because your proposal is not interesting to clients and your profile is not very good. Marketing yourself is a big part of freelancing. You might have the skills to do the work but unless you can sell yourself to clients, you won't get any work, and it won't matter how good your skills are. Right now you're doing barely the bare minimum. 

Thanks for your time. I will work on my profile and proposals.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Iftikhar Ud D wrote:

Hi, fellow Upworkians! I hope you are doing well.

I used to offer my services in Electronics. One time I took a project for my friend but later he got sick and couldn't complete the project in time due to which I got a bad review. 

Now, after a year, I offer services in data science. I had around 140 connections. I kept submitting proposals and now I am left with only 47. Still, no one reached to me in my Inbox.

What should I do? Should I make a new profile and start as fresh?

I will be waiting for your valuable feedbacks.

Thanks and Regards,

Iftikhar

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding your friend. How did you take a project for him and when he got sick how did you get a bad review? Anyways, no, you can't create a new profile, you are stuck with this one. 

Hey Martina, thank you for being here.

I meant that I took the project from my profile. My friend would assist me in the coding part, which he couldn't. That's why I had to cancel the project. 

I think due to a bad review on my profile, I am not getting any interviews.

Iftikhar Ud D wrote:

Hey Martina, thank you for being here.

I meant that I took the project from my profile. My friend would assist me in the coding part, which he couldn't. That's why I had to cancel the project. 

I think due to a bad review on my profile, I am not getting any interviews.

Yes that was a huge mistake. The only way to get rid of this feedback is to return the money, but I don't know if you want to do that or if you should. 

I returned the money that was in Escrow. But some milestones were passed due to which half of the money was transferred into my account. I was thinking of returning the money from my account not because of review but because I didn’t complete his work. I was low on money so was not able to send it back.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members