🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need Help in buying connects
Page options
mohsinaliakram
Community Member

Need Help in buying connects

Hello guys, 

I am a top rated free lancer from Pakistan and I am having hard time buying a connect. It says:
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Please assist me on solving this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Akram,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to add one of the available billing methods to you.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Akram,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to add one of the available billing methods to you.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aqeelsgd
Community Member

i am using incognito mode but my card is also not accepting from paksitan

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also not able to purchse connects or upgrade my membership. I have checked with my bank and everything is fine from there end. Can someone please help me out.

Hi Iqra,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a3160f57
Community Member

Hello!! I also have same problem. I can't but connects on upwork from Pakistan bank account. Also in Pakistan the PayPal account is banned so what can i do to purchase connects??

Hi Moeed,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I have some issues on up work I can't buy the up work connects from my local bank please solve this problem

Hi Sultan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

i canot also connect my card from Pakistan

Hi Ahmmad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

use master card.visa cards are not working from Pakistan.

Hi, i keep getting the error message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later"

I am also facing same issue. I am unable to buy connects via my debit card. Please help

Hi Bilal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Bilal,
Use a master card for buying connects, HBL Master card will help.

Hi, I am had cleared cache of my browser. I have contacted to bank and everything's fine on their hand. But still, having problem in buying connects. Kindly if anyone can guide/help me.

Hi Talha,

Our team has just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your response, but no one has contacted me yet.

Hi Talha,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that one of our agents has already reached out to you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket here once you are logged in to your account. Here's your ticket number: 30021654. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3aace0cd
Community Member

Can I buy connects with Pakistan currency. Need help because the website say's they cost 15 cents.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fezan, 

I wanted to clarify that all rates posted in Upwork are in US dollars. In your bank statement, this will be converted to your local currency. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Assalam O Alaikum brother i from Pakistan and i need an assistance regarding connects. Brother few questions are here about upwork connects and getting jobs. 1. What is connects and how i can buy? 2. Best way to find jobs in upwork? 3. I am a basically typist and data in excel sheet can any jobs concerning to these two way? 4. Best time for getting jobs in Pakistan? Thanks regard gulzar from Pakistan. Reply me brother

Assalam O Alaikum brother i from Pakistan and i need an assistance regarding connects. Brother few questions are here about upwork connects and getting jobs. 1. What is connects and how i can buy? 2. Best way to find jobs in upwork? 3. I am a basically typist and data in excel sheet can any jobs concerning to these two way? 4. Best time for getting jobs in Pakistan? Thanks regard gulzar from Pakistan. Reply me brother

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

Connects are what you are charged when you submit a proposal for jobs posted in our marketplace. Depending on the job post, you will be charged up to six Connects to submit a proposal. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. Check the options available to you and learn more about the acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Please read this help article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork
03d6b443
Community Member

I am also unable to buy connects on upwork.I have confirmed from bank about ecommerce activation on my card but upwork is still unable to authorize my card.

Hi Maaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to purchase Connects just recently. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
vijin
Community Member

I too have the same issue. I am from India.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Vijayan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue. I am unable to buy connects. Every time i do so i get a message change your payment method. However $1 has been deducted from my bank account but the actual transaction is not taking place from any bank in Pakistan. Please help

Hi Saniya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue . Flollowing error is shown whenever I try to add  billing method via my Visa Debit Card from Pakistan;

Your card is restricted by your card issuer and cannot be used at Upwork. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Lewis and Musharraf,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Same issue with me tried paypal and two different debit card it says card is not authorized please help.

Try using master card HBL

Thanks.

Hi Shubham,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I am also unable to buy connects. Upwork redirects me to the bank page, where I enter my OTP, even after filling correct otp, I land back on buying connect page showing my connect amount as zero.
I have even tried paying through PayPal, there also the transaction fails.
Regards,
Ashish

Hi Ashish,

Could you please try to use a different browser, or try again after clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths