🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need Help regarding Manual Hours added in Hou...
Page options
17f78e5e
Community Member

Need Help regarding Manual Hours added in Hourly Project

Hello Upwork Community,

I need some help I got a hourly Project in Previous week.My client give me 40 hours to complete the job I said to my client I will add Manual Hours at the end of Project she agreed and allow me to add Manual hours.Now the project is completed and I add Manual hours and the earning is showing in review.Now my client is ready to release the payment and she is asking how she will release the payment.Please any one tell me what should I will do? how my client will release my payment as I didn't run the trigger I just add manual hours.Your response will be highly appreciated.Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Muzaffar F wrote:

Now my client is ready to release the payment and she is asking how she will release the payment.Please any one tell me what should I will do? how my client will release my payment

It's an hourly contract. There is no such thing as "releasing payment".

The client will be charged for the manual time today automatically.

Be aware that there is no protection for manual time.

17f78e5e
Community Member

I think its release automatically because its showing in Review.
petra_r
Community Member

Your client will be charged later today and there is no such thing as "releasing" payment on hourly contracts.

17f78e5e
Community Member

Is there any option for client to approve manual hours? or it will charge
automatically same as upwork timer

Payment will occur automatically and on the same schedule as tracked hours. The only difference is, as Petra pointed out, manual hours are not protected. If the client refuses to pay, that's the end of it. I've earned a lot of money via manual hours but it carries that risk.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths