I am finding it difficult to decide. Here is the situation regarding this web development contract
I applied for a job, which the client initially awarded to another freelancer who was a top-rated freelancer. But this client had a bad experience and messaged me saying there was a personal issue with the other freelancer she hired so now she wants to hire me. The amount I quoted initially was around $1250 however when she came back, she said the other freelancer has done most of the work all I have to do is continue from there and the agreed price was $735. However, it turned out to be the entire work that had to be done for which I had quoted initially $1250. But I just let it go and went about completing the entire list of requirements. This process took about 3 weeks and we were constantly communicating in between and there was absolutely no sign of any problem while I was sharing the initial drafts of the work being done. As soon as I made the final delivery, she ended the contract saying it isn't what was needed and stuff.
And now she says to refund that amount and start a new contract and once I refund she will put that amount in the escrow of the new contract. But she won't make the new contract before I refund the amount.
There was only one milestone for $735 in the first contract.
Now I have one day before I can file a dispute, or otherwise agree on her word and start a new contract.
Any advice, please?
So what are you waiting for now? The dispute window to close?
Go ahead with the dispute without any fear or worry. You delivered the complete work, she was regularly appraised of the status and quality of the work! Why is there a need for a new contract now?
She is going to fool you and run away with the money, don't fall for this. No matter what she says go ahead with the dispute!
Thank you Ashraf.
I just did the dispute, the only thing I was concerned about was if I did the refund, this contract would be removed from my profile and it would not affect my JSS.
If she hadn't ended this contract like she did I would have been a top rated seller at the moment, but as she ended in the last week of my eligibility it dropped my jss from 100 to 89
Hasan M wrote:
the only thing I was concerned about was if I did the refund, this contract would be removed from my profile and it would not affect my JSS.
That isn't true. It affects your JSS either way, it would simply not show on your profile, the effect on the JSS is NOT affected by refunding.