🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need Help with client to identify an ente...
Page options
ian55home
Community Member

Need Help with client to identify an enterprise client

Hi, I have a potential client company that is asking for my email to proceed with the assessment.

He interviewed me a couple of days ago. I was invited for an I.T. position.

Client payment method is verified. Has 439 reviews with  5 stars 

checking at the client's history has 646 successful hires. and has spent over $440,000 in total and has 16,436 hours billed so far.

I cannot find the enterprise client badge or anything from the screenshot.

Since those are the only clients that are allowed to ask for information before a contract has started.

I badly need this job but I need to adhire to upwork's term of service.

I need advise to verify client so that I can proceed with the assessment.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Seems like a legit client. Is the assessment some kind of online test? In this case, I would tell him that I'm giving my email but only for the assessment but communication like an interview has to stay on platform.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

Seems like a legit client. Is the assessment some kind of online test? In this case, I would tell him that I'm giving my email but only for the assessment but communication like an interview has to stay on platform.

I see thanks. I will advise "only and strictly for online assessment" but communication will still be within Upwork until a contract has been signed. I want the job but I need to follow the policy.

Thanks again for the advise!

another question.. is upwork plus client the same as Upwork Business or Enterprise client?

are they also included and exempted who are allowed to gather contact before a contract starts? since they are the only ones exempted from the rule so does an upwork plus client be the same?

Ian D wrote:

another question.. is upwork plus client the same as Upwork Business or Enterprise client?

are they also included and exempted who are allowed to gather contact before a contract starts? since they are the only ones exempted from the rule so does an upwork plus client be the same?

No, not the same. Enterprise is marked as enterprise. Upwork Plus is a poor man's Enterprise account.

I see thanks!

another 1 last question. I know this is a silly question. but once a contract has been signed are we allowed to share any contact details "After" accepting contract job offer right? I just want to make sure I am following the rules.

Hi Ian,

Once you`re hired on a official contract you and your client can share your contact details and use another communication method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Quetion I was hired by the client with a contract. I am currently working for him. He asked for my email. I provided my email it is highlighted as yellow for some reason. I have an active contract with the client already. but why is my email address in the upwork chat highlighted as yellow? Should I be worried? I have the contract with the client also I accepted the job offer. Should I worry about it?  .. also the contract is active already when he asked the email.. so it should not be before.

Hi Ian,

We'll share your experience with our team but would like to confirm that this notification is an educational message that appears in Upwork Messages when certain keywords are used. In your case, that was the email address. Your accounts won't be affected by the message itself and you can continue using the same term that triggered the message. We'll continue to enhance this feature, as well as use every opportunity we can to help our users learn about the “do’s and don’ts” of using Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for the assurance!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths