🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need Help
Page options
bcbcb9e2
Community Member

Need Help

Hello,

My Profile is now one month and I didn't receive a single invitation from Upwork. Is there any issues with my profile?

My profile is 100% done and I send proposals regularly. My Profile views & invitations are 0. How can I get the invitations?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

New freelancers rarely receive invitations (most invitations sent to new freelancers are scams), so you'll need to keep sending proposals. It's not unusual for it to take longer than a month to get your first project. And don't worry about the "Profile views: 0" statistic - views are only counted when clients find your profile during a search (again rare, since there are tens of thousands of Wordpress developers); it's not counted when clients view the proposals that you send.

Is your name really Wordo - and you're a Wordpress developer? I should think that will help you to stand out!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

I looked at your profile:

"Full Stack Web Developer | WordPress | Wix | Shopify | Kajabi Expert"

WordPress?

Upwork doesn't need any more WordPress freelancers.

BECAUSE YOU ARE STARTING OUT, I recommend that you do only one thing, and do it well.

Wix

Shopify

Kajabi

These are good ideas.

I suggest you focus on just one.

"Upwork doesn't need any more WordPress freelancers." Is that true?

Because I've seen lots of people create Upwork accounts and they set they are expert in WordPress and most of the people get an invitation and also get uprork rising talent badge. Also, today I've got this badge.

Now, my concern is if Upwork doesn't need WordPress freelancers why they provide me this badge! And when I created the profile I didn't see any kind of issues.

Would you please tell me should change my profile title or change my specialized profile category?

re: "Upwork doesn't need any more WordPress freelancers." Is that true?

That statement is both:

"true"
[and]

"not true"

The "true" part is that there are LOTS of WordPress freelancers on Upwork already. And I think a new freelancer has a better chance at distinguishing themself if they focus on something which is not so "over-saturated". It's a "supply and demand" thing.

I have never seen any WordPress freelancers on Upwork come to the Forum and complain that there is too much work or them, and that they need more freelancers to sign up to handle the WordPress workload.

If you work hard and have patience, you can probably have success focusing on WordPress.

My initial post was meant to encourage you to focus on some of the OTHER technologies that you say you have experience with. Why? Because there are in-demand technologies with far fewer freelancers available, and the law of "supply and demand" suggests that you may be able to get hired more easily in those areas.

Firstly, When I research the full-stack development category I see there have limited clients. And then I see most of the clients want to build their website in CMS because this is very user-friendly and time-consuming. That's why I set my title "Full Stack Web Developer | WordPress | Wix | Shopify | Kajabi Expert".

Luckily In the past, I've worked on the CMS development and Now I thought if I set my current skills and my previous skills then I'll get more engaged with the client.

I'm new in Upwork that's why I don't have too much experience on that platform. Should I change my profile title and add another specialized profile on the "Full Stack Development"!

And the most important thing is that, If I create another specialized profile on the "Full Stack Development"...I'll get an invitation from a client or Upwork? Because this is the main issue "I can't get any single invitation" and I'm very frustrated with that.😔

d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

I would suggest the separation of concerns. Fullstack should be a specialized profile. Wix | Kajabi on its own profile

For the Wix | Kajabi I need to create another specialized profile name "CMS Development". But I want to add keep my running "Web Design" specialized profile. Should I change my general profile title or specialized profile title? I'm puzzle now.

elyannie
Community Member

Hi Wordo, I think the first line in your profile might be a little offputting. "When I take a closer look tomorrow, I'll let you know if we're not a good match." Maybe go with something a little friendlier and positive like "Tell me about your project and I'll get back to you within a day"

Yes, that sounds good. I'll change my bio right away. Would you please tell me Should I need to change my profile title(specialized profile)?

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

New freelancers rarely receive invitations (most invitations sent to new freelancers are scams), so you'll need to keep sending proposals. It's not unusual for it to take longer than a month to get your first project. And don't worry about the "Profile views: 0" statistic - views are only counted when clients find your profile during a search (again rare, since there are tens of thousands of Wordpress developers); it's not counted when clients view the proposals that you send.

Is your name really Wordo - and you're a Wordpress developer? I should think that will help you to stand out!

Now I got the point. Thank you so much.

My name is Ajijul, and I'm a WordPress Developer. I've used this name for a specific reason.

Wordo P wrote:

Now I got the point. Thank you so much.

My name is Ajijul, and I'm a WordPress Developer. I've used this name for a specific reason.

You'll need to change that ASAP. Your Upwork name needs to be your actual, legal name, or your account could be suspended.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members