🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need Information regarding Why upwork suspend...
Page options
codeitsmart
Community Member

Need Information regarding Why upwork suspend account

I need information regarding banning profile or suspend profile . is there any artice can any one share with me so i can read ..
i just need to know Reason of banning profile or suspend accounts? I know if anyone against upwork TOC or anyone vilent rules then Upwork susepdn account . So may i know what are they so i will avoid such things . 
 such as 
1 . dont share contact number 
2 . dont disrepect your client 
3 . or anything else if some one guide me so it wil be very help full for me . 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Abhishek, 

1 . If anyone dont get job in 1 / 2 months suppose no one hire any freelancer that time upwork suspend their account ?

Be assured that we do not take action based on isolated incidents of unsuccessful proposals. Only in the unusual case we find a freelancer has been repeatedly submitting many proposals but not winning jobs (or winning few) we take action.

2. if we feel we cant make proper communication with client ( its just for knowledge ) . after complete the task can we ask to client k we cant fit in your task or anything which dont go violent terms . 

If a project ends, you can let the client know that should they have future projects that would need your expertise, they can get in touch with you, so that you can assist them. 

3 . its just for knowledge some time few client ask demo design without contract . so should we work for demo work or we should tell them in polite way k its against rules only w ecan work after contract , only we can now to send you my previous work sample.
We highly recommend freelancers to only start working once a contract is in place, the client's payment method is verified, and a milestone is funded (for fixed-price contracts). If a client asks you to do free test work, you can decline the client's request and flag the client as inappropriate so that actions can be taken against the client's account. To confirm, requesting for free test work is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhishek,

Please, check out this help article and announcement here for more information about the most common reasons for freelancer account holds. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you sir let me check if i have any querries can i ask Sir ?

Hi Abhishek,

Feel free to follow up with any question and we'll gladly address those for you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank You Bojan S Sir , hope for my queries you n your team dont suspend my id . i just want to know so that I can easily avoid those situation .
Btw i have read that article . its clear and confident but i have few doubts.

iN THIS ARTICLE which you shared with me very helpfull . https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067618-Freelancer-Violations-and-Account-Holds

My point is 
1 . If anyone dont get job in 1 / 2 months suppose no one hire any freelancer that time upwork suspend their account ?
2. if we feel we cant make proper communication with client ( its just for knowledge ) . after complete the task can we ask to client k we cant fit in your task or anything which dont go violent terms . 
as an example suppose u r my client but avaiabilty or communication is poor , so after task can we ask you k we cant make it for your future projects, so that everything will be stable !

3 . its just for knowledge some time few client ask demo design without contract . so should we work for demo work or we should tell them in polite way k its against rules only w ecan work after contract , only we can now to send you my previous work sample.

its just to gain knowledge sir. Hope you wotn mind to ask you . 

Hi Abhishek, 

Be assured that we do not take action based on isolated incidents of unsuccessful proposals. Only in the unusual case we find a freelancer has been repeatedly submitting many proposals but not winning jobs (or winning few) we take action.

If a project ends, you can let the client know that should they have future projects that would need your expertise, they can get in touch with you, so that you can assist them. 

We highly recommend freelancers to only start working once a contract is in place, the client's payment method is verified, and a milestone is funded (for fixed-price contracts). If a client asks you to do free test work, you can decline the client's request and flag the client as inappropriate so that actions can be taken against the client's account. To confirm, requesting for free test work is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members