🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need Valuable Suggestions
Page options
amanpreetsngh
Community Member

Need Valuable Suggestions

Hello Loving People,

Let us suppose a client posted hourly job here ar Upwork with a hourly rates that ranges between 10$ - 15$ and I am interested in doing that job. And the hourly rate listed at my profile is 7$ per/hour. I want to know that in such case where the profile rate(hourly) is lower than the posted job price(hourly) range, should I bid with 10$ - 15$(typically above the 7$ and in between 10 -15$) or I just bid with my profile rate i.e. 7$ per/hour?

Looking for your suggestions.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

You are free to bid whatever you want to...but I would suggest sticking to your profile rate. 

Many people make the mistake of bidding in the range posted on the job, and that does not make any sense. The client will visit your profile and see a lower rate anyway.

It's like a shop keeper who has price tags on each product, and tries to increase the price of the product just because he learns the customer has a higher budget. Just ask your self what will the customer donon this case? Will he buy the product or avoid visiting this store who increases the price of the product depending on the customer?

Having said that, there are many freelancers who charge different rate for different services, and they are able to get clients also...

I personally always bid my profile rate, regardless of what's the clients posted range. I have been able to get several contracts where posted rate was lower then my profile rate but I still got the project. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

You are free to bid whatever you want to...but I would suggest sticking to your profile rate. 

Many people make the mistake of bidding in the range posted on the job, and that does not make any sense. The client will visit your profile and see a lower rate anyway.

It's like a shop keeper who has price tags on each product, and tries to increase the price of the product just because he learns the customer has a higher budget. Just ask your self what will the customer donon this case? Will he buy the product or avoid visiting this store who increases the price of the product depending on the customer?

Having said that, there are many freelancers who charge different rate for different services, and they are able to get clients also...

I personally always bid my profile rate, regardless of what's the clients posted range. I have been able to get several contracts where posted rate was lower then my profile rate but I still got the project. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members