🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need a help for my work
Page options
correa-fernando
Community Member

Need a help for my work

Hello, 

I am new to Upwork and got one job yesterday.

The job was to run the PWA app successfully without any error so that I run it locally.

I showed it to the client before I was hired by him and he told me it was ok and then he hired me and created the milestone and released it as soon as I accepted.

After that, the client wanted to show him how to fix the issues, but I couldn't that because there was an error for it.

So, I explained that your code didn't have an error and you just did a mistake to run it.

And I described the steps to run it with the commands I used.

However, the client told me that he didn't get any help and closed the contract and gave me bad feedback.

In this case, what I can do and what I have to do to change the bad rating for my work?

Please let me know the solution if someone knows it or have already this kind of experience.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

The solution is to keep bidding and get more jobs.

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any way to change my feedback?

re: "Is there any way to change my feedback?"

Yes.

You may click a button next to the feedback that will send a message to the client, asking the client to click a button on his side allows you to edit feedback.

Read:

Enable Freelancers to Change FeedbackScreen Shot 2020-02-14 at 7.47.54 AM.png

robin_hyman
Community Member

Fernando C wrote:

Hello, 

I am new to Upwork and got one job yesterday.

The job was to run the PWA app successfully without any error so that I run it locally.

I showed it to the client before I was hired by him and he told me it was ok and then he hired me and created the milestone and released it as soon as I accepted.

After that, the client wanted to show him how to fix the issues, but I couldn't that because there was an error for it.

So, I explained that your code didn't have an error and you just did a mistake to run it.

And I described the steps to run it with the commands I used.

However, the client told me that he didn't get any help and closed the contract and gave me bad feedback.

In this case, what I can do and what I have to do to change the bad rating for my work?

Please let me know the solution if someone knows it or have already this kind of experience.

Thanks

You've made a few mistakes.  Luckily, you can learn from your mistakes moving forward.  Here's what you did wrong:

* Never work for free.  There's no guarantee this client would have hired you for the project. 

* You obviously didn't communicate well enough to satisfy this client.  He asked for something specific and in his eyes you didn't deliver.  

* After you made the mistake you weren't able to fix it.  What good is the work you did then?  Client just wasted his money

So it is no surprise he closed the contract and left poor feedback.  He had to double his budget and hire someone else to do the work.  

Additionally, now you want to change the feedback?  You can't change HIS feedback.  Only the client can change his feedback.  And don't reach out to the client asking to change your feedback (which isn't what I think you meant).  You CAN respond to the client's feedback but I would let it be and move on.  It just makes you look bad trying to defend yourself when you were in the wrong.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members