Need a manual review for my bank account name

shivankit-arora
Shivankit A Member Since: Sep 18, 2019
1 of 4

Hello

• My name is Shivankit Arora.
  • My upwork name is Shivankit Arora.
  • I run a company, the name of which is "**Edited for Community Guidelines**"

When I try to add my bank account info- I put "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" as the "name on bank account" as that is my current account that I use for my freelance work transactions.

There is a name mismatch as my profile name is my personal name ( Shivankit Arora) and according to Upwork help articles, I need to contact Support for a manual review. I have all the documents with me to prove that it is my company and any verification that is needed by the Upwork team, I can provide the same.

Please guide me on the next steps.

I would like to retain my personal name on my Upwork name and use my company's bank account as that is my main account for all my freelance work .

Also, in strictly legal terms, a self-employed freelancer needs to take all transactions in his current account and that is why I need to use my company account for "direct bank transfer" via Upwork and not my personal ( savings)

Please initiate a manual review.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Shivankit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jeetbulbjalega
Jeet M Member Since: Apr 4, 2020
3 of 4

I am facing the same issue. My Bank details are of my business name and my upwork account is from my personal name. I can provide with relevant documents. Kindly assist. Smiley Happy

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 4

Hi Jeet,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS