🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need a moderator to look at my time track...
Page options
growmyretail
Community Member

Need a moderator to look at my time tracker screenshots)

HI,

so yesterday I asked how to use the tracker on multiple screens. But now I see the screenshots taken on tracked time, did not shoot anything except my desktop blank?
I was working on research and documenting it word. but it does not show the word document - except the tracker.
Can someone take a look whats wrong? Because now it looks like I am doing nothing at all? (I sent the document in UW chat for what I did.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Uninstall the tracker, then download this beta version of the app.

That sorted the issue for me. When you install the beta version, the request to grant permission pops up (at least for me it did) and afterwards it works as intended.

In case that doesn't fix it, try the steps that shared in this post 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pieter,

Could you please go to Settings on the Desktop app > Screen Capture > and share a screenshot of the settings on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes I can,

attached the settings / screenshot

nm

It is Catalina, and yes I set those settings already.
It did not work.

Uninstall the tracker, then download this beta version of the app.

That sorted the issue for me. When you install the beta version, the request to grant permission pops up (at least for me it did) and afterwards it works as intended.

In case that doesn't fix it, try the steps that shared in this post 

I will try that. Thanks.

Luckily this a small job/client but it would be a disaster if my screen shows blank and have no means/screenshots to prove anything in case of a dispute for big clients.

That said, Catalina OS has been probably the worst update ever on Macbook as long as I can remember as a loyal Mac user. I bought a parallel desk windows license as many apps/programs are not compatible with Catalina anymore

Pieter B wrote:

That said, Catalina OS has been probably the worst update ever on Macbook as long as I can remember as a loyal Mac user. I

I am a fairly new Mac user (got a 27" iMac) and I soooooooooooooooooooooooo adore it. I can't compare Catalina with others because I have nothing to compare it with but I am so not ever going back to Windows when my current last "for emergencies" Windows thing dies.

I would love to replace it with a Macbook but unfortunately I have a propensity to pour liquids into laptops and at the price of a Macbook "death by red wine" would be painful. That said, the magic Apple keyboard has survived coffee, red wine and lemon liqueur quite well thus far....

Mac has been great at all times. But many hardcore users or users that have been on Macbook for ages know the flaws. 
The issue was that many programs we use were not valid anymore in Mac, and software companies or specific companies I use in my core business had no solution for it. Which made a lot of Mac users upset.

My wife and I have both MacBook pros, and and just like you she never wants to go back to windows lol
that said - Parallels Desktop (see screenshot) is the saviour for me running certain software I need. Without having a PC, just run it on my third screen

Pieter B wrote:

My wife and I have both MacBook pros,

I can't justify a Macbook Pro (I can't justify my 13" iPad Pro either lol) and killing one with with Limoncello would make me want to walk to the beach and keep walking until I get to Croatia or drown, whatever comes sooner.

Pieter B wrote:

- Parallels Desktop (see screenshot) is the saviour for me running certain software I need. Without having a PC, just run it on my third screen

ooohh, that's clever! I may try that.

Total idiot question: Do you really need Malwarebytes with a Mac?

Well our iPad, is 10.5 inches i think? but 13 looks like overkill for me. Had in my hands, but was not convinced. Unless I kept comparing it in my conscience with a Macbook due to its size.

And yes! Parallel desktop is great!

I run a couple of intense programs and sensitive data (finance, stock market and investment banking) and I get like hundreds of decks from companies per year in my inbox - heavy files. I need to be very careful and run a daily sweep on top with Malwarebytes.
It is not mandatory, but there was a time mac was 'almost' immune for hacks and viruses. But those days are over. 
It is more of a validation tool rather than a security tool for me.

Hi Petra,

I re-installed the App with the beta version for Mac for tracking, and that seemed to work!
I was working on a document for a client and it took a proper screenshot,

Thanks!

Pieter B wrote:

I re-installed the App with the beta version for Mac for tracking, and that seemed to work!
I was working on a document for a client and it took a proper screenshot,

Super! I hoped it would work for you, because it worked for me too 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths