🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need advice on new client
Page options
sadiqueali786
Community Member

Need advice on new client

I have bid for a project, but it seems like a fake one. The client sends me contact number on txt file. And asked me to contact on whatsapp. I have contacted on the hope to get project details to work on. But instead, he/she sends me a proposal for reviews. and asked to pay back 50% of the amount on reflection of the account. 

Should I do it or not. Or it is some kind of spam to loot people.

Looking forward to get possible help soon.

Thanks,

Sadique Ali

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Sadique A wrote:

But instead, he/she sends me a proposal for reviews. and asked to pay back 50% of the amount on reflection of the account. 

It's a scam but what do you mean by "he/she sends me a proposal for reviews. and asked to pay back 50% of the amount on reflection of the account."

Anything that involves you handling any funds through your own accounts (be it a bank account, ebay, paypal, payoneer, anything) is a scam, and also a violation of Upwork's terms of Service.

Basically the "money" would reflect on your account, then you'd send half back, then the original transaction would be reversed as fraudulent and you'd have lost the money you sent.

Ask yourself why any genuine client would send "real" money anywhere to get 50% of it back.

Does that make sense to you? No?

Flag the job post and walk away.

Thanks, Petra for your response. I will definitely mark it as spam and will notify the team. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members