Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an Advice

jehanzebbutt
Jehanzeb M Member Since: Jun 15, 2016
1 of 7

HI,

I joined upwork as a content writer but I am having hard time finding any work on upwork. I only have got 1 project in about 2 months. Every client demands experience. The only way I am going to be experienced is when i get handfull of projects. Please I need suggestions what should i do?

Thanks and regards,

Jehanzeb Masroor

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 7

Jehanzeb: Your profile is not to be taken seriously. It is easy for any client who looks at it to realize quickly that they should not hire you as a writer.

You need to stop using Upwork if this is representative of your skill as a writer and contractor.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

@Preston H wrote:

Jehanzeb: Your profile is not to be taken seriously.

" I am starting out be a writer beacuse maybe I am good at it."

Just when you think you've seen it all............

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 7

I'm gonna be a rocket scientist cuz maybe I'll be good at it.

yowiedesign
Community Guru
Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
5 of 7

@Jehanzeb M wrote:

HI,

I joined upwork as a content writer but I am having hard time finding any work on upwork. I only have got 1 project in about 2 months. Every client demands experience. The only way I am going to be experienced is when i get handfull of projects. Please I need suggestions what should i do?

Thanks and regards,

Jehanzeb Masroor

You haven't really joined as a content writer. You have joined to learn how to be a content writer, and this is not the place for that. Clients don't want to pay you to learn to be a writer.

I think you need to be on Udemy, not Upwork. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
6 of 7

I agree with those who have said you're not ready for Upwork, OP, but in case you actually want to become a writer (as opposed to just looking for a way to make some money), I want to offer some further advice.

When an aspiring writer has no professional experience in writing, the best gateway is often to leverage the professional experience/expertise he does have. If you don't have the credentials to convince someone to hire you based on your writing expertise, then seek out opportunities wherein whatever other expertise you possess would be a selling point.

View solution in original post

jehanzebbutt
Jehanzeb M Member Since: Jun 15, 2016
7 of 7

Thankyou so much for your kind suggestion..

I'll keep that in mind and try to improve myself. Maybe others are right, I am not ready for upwork yet but I'll do my best.

Thanks again.. 🙂

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS