🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need anything from Upwork re: Filing Taxes?
Page options
marksudell
Community Member

Need anything from Upwork re: Filing Taxes?

Hi - I am getting together all the important info I may need to do my taxes here in the US. This will be my first time including work done on Upwork.

Does Upwork typically send us any paperwork, or should I just refer to Reports > Billings & Earnings and total up all the work done for my different clients? If so, does the IRS need to know or should they know that the work was done through Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mark,

If you need any help with filing your taxes, it would be best to consult with a local tax advisor so that you can be guided with the process. This help article might also help you the some of the information you need. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Mark,

If you need any help with filing your taxes, it would be best to consult with a local tax advisor so that you can be guided with the process. This help article might also help you the some of the information you need. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
36bb15b9
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to file my taxes online utilizing TurboTax. Per your community information, we should start filling out the 1099-NEC form. When entering the information, I am prompted to enter the Federal ID number for Upwork.

Has anyone had any luck getting the Federal ID number to create your own 1099-NEC?

Kindly advise.

Best regards, Yamilys.

dc33eeeb
Community Member

I'm not getting anywhere on this either. Upwork says No. TurboTax says Yes you have to and Upwork has to give you one. Super frustrating. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths