🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need clarification on the free connects assoc...
Page options
ravi_iitian
Community Member

Need clarification on the free connects associated with a “successful” interview

I am creating a separate post for two reasons:

1) I need a very specific clarification.

2) I am having a tough time navigating threads after the recent enhancement(s) to the forums.

I was under the impression that no free connects would be given if a freelancer

(a) applied for a job (without an invitation i.e. spent connects for the job application),

(b) was interviewed by the client (the client initiated an interview and the freelancer responded),

(c) and was thereafter awarded a job.

As far as I can recall, I have never received free connects when I have used connects to apply for a job, have been interviewed (in which I have replied to the client, often with much back-and-forth), and then have been awarded the job.

Here are two links that seem to indicate some freelancers were expecting free connects when they applied for a job (apparently not by invitation), were “successfully” interviewed, and then were awarded the job.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Did-not-receive-connects-after-interview/m-p/973984/high...

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Did-not-receive-connects-after-interview/m-p/983001/high...

Could a moderator please clarify whether the free connects are dependent in any manner to the job being awarded or not.

And, yes, I am aware of the condition that a maximum of 50 free connects can be ‘earned’ within one-week window.

"Certa bonum certamen"
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ravindra B wrote:

Actually, my main concern was whether we get the bonus connects even if we do get the project.

Yes, of course.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ravindra, 

I want to confirm that in order to win Connects, the following should be satisfied: 

1. Submit a proposal for a job.
  2. Win an interview with a client.
  3. Respond and win a bonus!

Even if freelancers don't get the project, the Connects will still be awarded as long as the above conditions are met. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, my main concern was whether we get the bonus connects even if we do get the project.

This doubt arose because, to the best of my knowledge, I have never received the free connects when I did get the project.

Best regards,

Ravindra

"Certa bonum certamen"

Ravindra B wrote:

Yes, of course.

ravi_iitian
Community Member

Thank you, Petra.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members