🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need connects for this month. Solution please
Page options
baboosufyan
Community Member

Need connects for this month. Solution please

Hi, I have upgraded my profile to Freelancer Plus plan on Feb 18, 2019.  And after the upgrade I had 80 connects in my account. I thought that I will get renew/refresh connects on 1st March this was in my mind. 

From Feb 18 to 28 Feb I have submitted many proposals and left only 2 connects now in my account. As today is 1st March and I don't get any refresh connects. As after reading some stuff regarding connects and renewal. I understand that I will get a refresh or new connects on my billing cycle date which is 17 March 2019 showing in my account. Am I getting right? 

The problem is now I have no connects and have 17 days to renew my connects. I want a solution and expert advice on what should I do in my situation to get connects. Should I downgrade my profile so I get 60 connects as usually? What should I do? So I get connects to submit proposals in these 17 days. 

As I am unable to buy more connects which is really expensive for me 5 connects in 5$. Like what should I do? If I downgrade will I get new connects for free membership profile in starting of the month like tomorrow or before 5th march?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:

As I am unable to buy more connects which is really expensive for me 5 connects in 5$. Like what should I do? If I downgrade will I get new connects for free membership profile in starting of the month like tomorrow or before 5th march?

No you don't. Downgrading just means that after your billing cycle ends, your Plus membership expires and you get 60 connects instead of 70 on the first day of your new billing cycle. It does not give you any connects until then.

Blowing through 80 connects in 10 days means you were not selective enough about how you used your connects.

If you can't buy any connects, you have to wait until your new billing cycle on the 18th of March.

luce-neidert
Community Member

You're learning the hard way how the billing system works, next time you'll be more careful.

The only thing you can do, in my opinion, is buy more connects. Also, should you notice that a former client is offering a job you'd like to apply to, you can let him know with a message. I've done sone once in a while, and it sometimes works.

Other than that, you can look for jobs on other platforms (not as good as this one, but such is life) on in the real life.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You will find your billing cycle when you click on the available connects. Your connects refresh on the first day of your new billing cycle. And no, upgrading or downgrading your membership is not a secret trick to get a whole new batch of connects, you will only get a pro-rated number depending on the date.

So I guess you thought that your connects expire on February 28, and therefore went through them like a kid in a candy store?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths