🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need help: I have faced a problem
Page options
miqayelish
Community Member

Need help: I have faced a problem

I have a client who has given me a task.

All requirements are done but he is always offline and I can't connect with him.

What can I do in this situation?

I will be very grateful for every answer.

Thanks, Michael

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael I wrote:

Does It means that automatically upwork will pay the project money?

Assuming the milestone was already funded by the client, then yes - if after 14 days the client has not raised an objection, you will receive payment for the milestone.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
joywriter
Community Member

Hi Michael!

Since the best practice is to be working either on an hourly contract or with milestones funded for the project, simply submit the work done, request payment and wait for this reply. Once the payment is approved, if you still haven't heard from him, simply end the contract and move on to the next project.

Good luck!

Hugo

Thank you for your reply!

It's a fixed-price job. What can be If I submit "the work done" like you have said but he won't be clicking the accept button?))

Michael I wrote:

Thank you for your reply!

It's a fixed-price job. What can be If I submit "the work done" like you have said but he won't be clicking the accept button?))

After 14 days, Upwork releases the escrow.

Hi Jennifer M,

Michael I wrote:

Assuming the milestone was already funded by the client, then yes - if after 14 days the client has not raised an objection, you will receive payment for the milestone.

Hi, Adam A

Got it. Thanks a lot.

I think upwork already has thought about this topic.
I would like to know what can happen if client doesn't pay me before the deadline I have mentioned.

If the work is done and the milestone is funded and he doesnt pay you, then nothing will happen.  Fixed price contracts do not have the same guarantees as hourly contracts. You will have to deal with the client directly to resolve any issues. Upwork can't intervene. 

L. S wrote:

If the work is done and the milestone is funded and he doesnt pay you, then nothing will happen.  Fixed price contracts do not have the same guarantees as hourly contracts. You will have to deal with the client directly to resolve any issues. Upwork can't intervene. 

Not quite. If the submit for payment button was clicked, payment will be released if the client approves, and if not, automatically after 14 days. No issues to resolve, nothing to do but wait. Fixed price contracts are guaranteed if the system was used properly by both parties. 

When I finish a task, I always immediately use the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button.

I don't send separate messages to ask the client to approve the work. That is literally what the button is for.

I don't "check to see if the client is online."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths