🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need help badly
Page options
jokerette
Community Member

Need help badly

I am in the hospital with a disease called p r e s of the brain it includes a small stroke. Luckily enough I'm still able to write but I have a client that's gone ballistic close the contract as I'm editing is 200 plus page novel God Almighty one of these things happen to me every time! I literally don't know what to do if I ever did. Things are falling out of my brain. But I need this dude to know I really am in the hospital, have been for more than a month and a half. What do I do? Any help would be more than appreciated. I'm going to try to come back here to check for results to this but God knows of all make it back ROFL

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

I feel bad for your situation.

But it does not matter.

This project for the client?
It does not matter.

What is important is your health.

Focus on your health.

End the contract and stop complicating your health by stressing out about this contract.

Let the client know that you will not be continuing work on this projects because of your health problems.

Also, you should show your client respect by ending the contract. The client needs to continue the project with someone else. You can help him do that by ending the contract and sending him all the files and letting him know clearly that you will not be continuing work on the project.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Do you have a cell phone with you? You should be able to answer from your regular email (or the one connected to your upwork account) to a message the client sent, you don't need to log into upwork to do that. 

m_terrazas
Community Member

I'm so sorry Cat.
I've notified a moderator to see if they can contact you somehow.
But, as Preston told you, your health comes first.

759e32fa

Hi Cat,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It seems like the client already ended the contract and the funds were released to you. The client also hasn't blocked you so as long as you have the means to communicate using our app, your messages will get to the client.

I agree with Preston, your health comes first. If you've already informed the client that you will issue a refund, the only thing left to do is issue a refund as the client already expressed that he does not want to receive messages anymore. It would be best if you focus on getting better for now and come back when you're already fit to work.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

~ AJ
Upwork
the-right-writer
Community Member

As others have said, you must put your health first. I understand there are likely financial and other reasons you wish to continue, but this is the time for priorities. It is a cliche that when you have your health, you have everything, but it is true. You might be able to do some work now, but at what cost to your health and the rest of your life?

Please allow yourself to heal. Others have taken a break from Upwork and been able to restart their careers. I hope you have a rapid recovery. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths