🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need help client disappeared
Page options
devcre
Community Member

Need help client disappeared

Hello,

I'm having a little problem with my client and I'm not sure what to do, any advice will be apprecicated. 

I started a contract with a client for web design on June 9. I usually create two milestones. Initial Payment and Final Payment. Client paid me the inital payment and I started his work. The client was very unresponsive from the start he would disappear for weeks sometimes or once even for a month but I tried to gather as much requirement and started his work. Eventually he did send a more detailed requirement and then asked for revision which I completed. Now the website is completed. I made a very big mistake on not starting the last milestone and now the client is not responding to my message or email. I even emailed him last month and it did work and he did reply to my email but now he is not replying at all.

Is there anything I can do about it or ask Upwork to do about it?

Kind Regards
Abubakr J

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Abubakr J wrote:

No, there isn't.

Abubakr J wrote:

I usually create two milestones. Initial Payment and Final Payment. Client paid me the inital payment and I started his work.

That is not a wise way to set up milestones.

Milestones should have clearly defined deliverables. You shouldn't work on milestones that aren't funded (Presumably the second milestone wasn't funded? Or was it?)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Abubakr J wrote:

No, there isn't.

Abubakr J wrote:

I usually create two milestones. Initial Payment and Final Payment. Client paid me the inital payment and I started his work.

That is not a wise way to set up milestones.

Milestones should have clearly defined deliverables. You shouldn't work on milestones that aren't funded (Presumably the second milestone wasn't funded? Or was it?)

devcre
Community Member

No the second milestone was not funded yet and yes I agree I shouldn't have started the work. 

petra_r
Community Member

Abubakr J wrote:

No the second milestone was not funded yet and yes I agree I shouldn't have started the work. 

Well, that's the end of the line then...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members