cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help concerning application

Cindy K Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
1 of 12

I applied for a job a little while ago and realized that I did not have the chance to attach my sample writing which was requested by the employer. How can I add that or communicate with him to add my sample? Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
2 of 12

Ma'm, the forum is currently having technical difficulty. We've contacted the mods to fix this. We seem to be invaded by an automated bug. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Leader
Ted Joshua Angelo G Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
3 of 12

I'm not quite sure you can edit an application already sent, but I think you can withdraw the application and re-apply. You will definitely lose the 2 connects you used on the first application though.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 12

@Cindy - you've missed your chance, I think - but for what it's owrth there is a way to fix it if you realise immediately that you didn't upload something:

Copy your application text somewhere.

Withdraw the application. Give the reason as "re-applying" or something like that.

Apply again using the copied text, this time getting everything right.

The problem is I'm not sure of the exact time window in which you can do this. I'm guessing it's only a few minutes.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
5 of 12

@ Stephen,

Are you sure we can re-apply for a job? I think it was discussed somewhere on this forum that once you withdraw your application you can’t apply again for the same job (not quite sure about this, but I believe it was mentioned before).

@ Cindy,

Even if it is possible to re-apply you would have to spend 2 more connects (assuming that is the number of connects you need) for a job nobody can quarantee you will get. Is it really worth it? If the client thinks you are a good fit and they like your profile they might ask for a sample in PM. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
6 of 12

Hi Aleksandra,

I don't know how things are for now but before those connects it was possible to re-apply to the job after withdrawing the application. 

I did it in the past may be 2 -3 times basically for the same reasons as outlined in the first post - just forgot something there...

For now I really don't know.

I think should not be a problem.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 12

Hi Tamaz,

So I have decided to test this and see what happens. I’ve withdrawn one of my applications and I again have the option to apply. Mystery solved! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 12

Am I sure?? Yes, I am sure because I''ve done it many times. Aleksandra has just confirmed this. The question remains as to how long a time window there is to re-apply.

I may do a short experiment now (as I've a month of connects to use up)...

One new consideration that has been well pointed out us the  using up of connects, so of course that has to be factored in to the decision as to whether to re-apply or let it go.

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 12

OK - I did an experiment and applied for, withdrew and re-applied for jobs at 2, 5, 10 and 30-minute intervals. All of them went smoothly. I did it for one hour as well, and that seemed to work OK.

CAVEAT:

a) I made no distinction between fixed and hourly jobs;

b) there's no way of knowing what happens to an applied-withdrawn-reapplied job after that point. It might be that that process trips a wire and hides the application anyway (remember, Upwork is still applying the morally abhorrent policy whereby any application can be hidden from the client without the applicant knowing).

c) it's up to the freelancer to decide whether it's worth using (usually) two more "connects" to re-apply.

But, my little bit of research has shown that it might/should  be OK to withdraw and re-apply up to an hour after the first application (and maybe more - ).

To be honest, I'm glad to be able to make good use of the connects that I did for this research. My problem is that there just aren't enough jobs worth applyig for, and I always have a pile left at the end of the month.

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 12

Stephen,

People complain about connects and we are wasting them for our experiments, shame on us! Smiley Very Happy

It’s good to know we can re-apply. Maybe the client will see you as a very persistent person and give you the job, who knows Smiley Very Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS