cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding if job is funded

jackiepeeler
Community Guru

I need help finding evidence that a job I am working on is funded. 

I did a job to design a layout, completed it and was paid,  no problem, very experienced client and everything went smoothly.

Then the client asked me to do another job on the same projec. I received an invitation and just saw my reply message, but I can't find any evidence of it being funded. I think maybe I just don't know where to look, or there has been an Upwork glitch and it's not where it should be. I could even have acepted in the wrong place or not followed the right procedure. So I'd like to make sure that hasn't happened before bringing it up to him.

As I said, I did just see my acceptance message, and his offer with the amount, but now can't get back to it. This seemed easier in the past because I got email notifications when an invite needed to be replied to, but did not for this one.

Appreciate any help very much. Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacqueline,

Do you see a new job under My Jobs tab? You may have accepted an invite to apply, but the client needs to send you an offer with a funded milestone in order for you to accept the contract and be paid. Please, ask the client to click the Hire button and send you an offer.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacqueline,

Do you see a new job under My Jobs tab? You may have accepted an invite to apply, but the client needs to send you an offer with a funded milestone in order for you to accept the contract and be paid. Please, ask the client to click the Hire button and send you an offer.

~ Valeria
Upwork

No, I do not see that, that's what worried me.

I will ask him to do as you say, Valeria. Thanks tons.

Was the other job officially closed?

Yes, the other was officially closed, there was a "client is waiting for feedback" message and I did it. Haven't looked at my profile to see if it's listed yet.

Client took care of it and it's all good now.

Thanks for your help!

lysis10
Community Guru

If it's a new milestone on the same contract, it says "funded" next to the amount.

If it's a new contract and they fund when they set it up (I think they have to? Not sure) it tells you in the message center.

It's not listed on my Profile page yet. I think it was Monday I did the feedback so maybe not enough time. I didn't do it right away as I'm not getting prompts to do this in email and I didn't think of it. 

If he sent a new offer, it should show up in your my jobs page. It will also tell you if it's funded in the message room. If it's gone, I believe it tells you in the message room that the client withdrew the offer. It should all be in the message center.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS