🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need help with client! :(
Page options
vpace91
Community Member

Need help with client! :(

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I sent an email to support on Saturday but haven't heard back, and my project is due in about 5 hours. So I'm hoping a moderator sees this or something.

I have a client who I suspect is using me to cheat on a pre-employment exam. I didn't figure it out until after accepting the contract. I need to get out of the contract because I don't want to support fraud. But I don't know how to do that without it affected my job scores or something. I have proof that the client sent me the pre-employment test for another company and just removed the company name from the documents. Help!
4 REPLIES 4
vpace91
Community Member

Well since nobody replied to me I took matters into my own hands, confronted the client about cheating, and returned his money. He replied only with "ok thanks" and didn't deny cheating. I still think Upwork should remove his job posting. That would be the ethical thing to do.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Virginia.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
vpace91
Community Member

Thank you!

It sounds like you did the right thing.  It may have a negative impact on your profile, but just keep working and doing great work, and it will improve with time.  Good call.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members