🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need help with closing agency and returning b...
Page options
637f140d
Community Member

Need help with closing agency and returning back to independent freelancer

hello I opened an agency just for a try and now I am getting an active and closed contract for the same job. Also I can't seem to be able to close the agency as it says need to end all active contracts. But I had not bid any jobs using agency and only had a contract using my freelance account. I need help please to restore to my previous settings i.e. go back to being an independent developer with contract continuation. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Prajwal,

Closing a contract yourself has no impact on your JSS. Any impact on your JSS would result from the client's feedback.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AndreaG

Hi Prajwal,

I checked your account and it does look like your Agency has an open contract. Please make sure you've selected your Agency profile at the top right-hand corner of the screen and check My Jobs > All Contracts. You can find instructions on how to close your Agency once you don't have any pending activity here

~Andrea
Upwork
637f140d
Community Member

Hi...But I didn't bid any contracts using the agency profile..I had my contract with a client as a freelancer but after I created the agency the contract seems to have transferred from the freelancer to the agency profile...How can I get back to where I started before starting the agency without making any changes to the client's contract?

Hi Prajwal,

You're a non-exclusive member of your agency and this means that the contracts you've worked under your freelancer profile will remain there. 
You will need to close all active contracts under your agency profile only and then follow the instructions Andrea shared in her post on how to close your agency profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So do I just close the active contract on my agency profile and it won't affect my freelancer's contract? And also the service fee will remain at 10%?

Hi Prajwal, 

Yes you will need to close the contract in order to be able to close the agency profile. Please keep in mind that agency and freelancer profiles are not the same.
If you move your client from the agency to your freelancer profile, the service fee will start from 20%. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, but can you help me avoid it? My issue is the same as here which have been resolved using Upwork support 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Creation-of-agency-account-closed-all-my-freelancer-cont...

Hi Prajwal,

As you're a non-exclusive member your freelancer contracts should be affected as well. If you experience any problems after closing your agency, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi...So there is no way around restoring back to 10% service fee?

Also when I close the agency contract, my original contract with client as an independent freelancer will also be closed or it won't affect it? Did you have a look at the link I shared as the same kind of issue have already been resolved.

Hi Prajwal,

As I've already mentioned, agency and freelancer profiles are different profiles and are not connected. Your clients from the agency will need to hire you directly under your freelancer profile if you still have work to complete for them. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I understand what you are trying to say. But as I have already mentioned, I didn't transfer my active contract as a freelancer to the agency..It happened automatically after I created the agency profile. Now I want to go back to where I started before creating an agency.. Do you follow it?

Hi Prajwal,

I understand your concern with this, and I would like to clarify again that you only have one active contract under your agency.
The rest of your contracts are listed under your freelancer profile (not your agency). At the moment, under your freelancer profile, I can see 3 closed contracts and one in progress. 

The next step you will need to take is to close the active contract under the Agency. Once this is done you will be able to close your agency profile, and the client will be able to hire you again under your freelancer profile.

The problem you're referring to on the thread is not something that you should experience. However, if you experience any problems after closing the agency profile feel free to follow up here so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I closed the contract and closed the agency myself and requested client to send me another contract which he did. Now I am worried that since I ended the contract myself, will that have any impact on the JSS?

Hi Prajwal,

Closing a contract yourself has no impact on your JSS. Any impact on your JSS would result from the client's feedback.

~Andrea
Upwork
637f140d
Community Member

Does closing my contracts on my agency also close my personal freelancer's same contract?

637f140d
Community Member

This is the exact issue I am facing ---> https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Creation-of-agency-account-closed-all-my-freelancer-cont...

Please can you assist me such that the service fee remains at 10%?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members