🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need help with my Fixed Price Contract
Page options
dbb644c2
Community Member

Need help with my Fixed Price Contract

Hi,

I need someone to assist me with my Fixed price Project. The client added the first milestone of $250 (due date: 19 march) but I completed half work last week and submitted the work and the client released half payment that is $125 now I completed the remaining half work of $125 but there is no option showing "submit work for payment" then how can I ask the client for remaining payment?

Please help! should I need to propose another milestone?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pooja J wrote:
Remaining $150 is showing in escrow.. how it will be available to withdraw.

For future reference,  you can only receive payment once per milestone,  so don't request payment until the milestone is complete. 

For this time,  you will have to ask the client to create a new milestone. To make it easier for them, you can propose the milestone yourself. Find the job in My Jobs and select Propose New Milestones. Be sure to explain the situation,  so they don't think you're asking them to put additional money in escrow.  They won't have to add more money to escrow as the amount of the milestone will already be in escrow. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
dbb644c2
Community Member

Someone from a community member. PLEASE REPLY!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pooja, 

While the funds have been in the Escrow, looks like the new milestone has not been created nor activated. Please make sure to start working on a Milestone only after it has been funded/activated for the appropriate amount. Please discuss this with your client in order to achieve a mutual agreement.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dbb644c2
Community Member

How can I ask for the remaining amount.
What is the option?

Pooja J wrote:

For future reference,  you can only receive payment once per milestone,  so don't request payment until the milestone is complete. 

For this time,  you will have to ask the client to create a new milestone. To make it easier for them, you can propose the milestone yourself. Find the job in My Jobs and select Propose New Milestones. Be sure to explain the situation,  so they don't think you're asking them to put additional money in escrow.  They won't have to add more money to escrow as the amount of the milestone will already be in escrow. 

Okay, I will take care of this in future but this time remaining $125 is already in escrow so should I make a new milestone for my remaining payment as a client need to deposit an additional  $125 in an escrow fund or should I wait for 14 days so that I will get paid automatically?

Pooja J wrote:

Okay, I will take care of this in future but this time remaining $125 is already in escrow so should I make a new milestone for my remaining payment as a client need to deposit an additional  $125 in an escrow fund or should I wait for 14 days so that I will get paid automatically?

Please see my previous reply. The client will not need to add more money to escrow, as the full amount of the new milestone ($125) is in escrow already.

Thanks a lot!

Pooja J wrote:

Thanks a lot!

You're welcome. Please let us know how it turns out.

Hi Richard,

It's been 15 days. Still, the amount is in escrow. When will I receive my remaining amount. Please assist me.

**Edited for community guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

Pooja J wrote:

It's been 15 days. Still, the amount is in escrow. When will I receive my remaining amount. Please assist me.

There is no funded and active milestone. So it doesn't matter how many days it's been. What's that milestone change that you requested?

Is the client unresponsive? The client needs to set up and activate the new milestone, and then release it.

dbb644c2
Community Member

As I discussed with the community team earlier I was half paid and they said to request a new milestone. I did but the client is unresponsive so she did not approve my milestone request.

What should I do now?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Pooja J wrote:

As I discussed with the community team earlier I was half paid and they said to request a new milestone. I did but the client is unresponsive so she did not approve my milestone request.

What should I do now?

You could send the client a reminder.  But if you've given up hope of getting a response, you're next step is to start a dispute through Upwork. If the client doesn't respond to the dispute, Upwork will eventually release the funds in escrow to you. 

Thanks! Would you please guide me on how can I start a dispute? 🙂

Pooja J wrote:

Thanks! Would you please guide me on how can I start a dispute? 🙂

Hi Pooja. I should clarify that I don't work for Upwork, and I've never been involved in an Upwork dispute myself. I'm just going by what I've read. Here's the web page about starting a dispute:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment

Look under "To file a dispute on an active contract."

Although the page talks about a client failing to release a milestone payment, which is not quite your situation, I think it should be applicable to your situation too. It won't do any harm to try it. 

dbb644c2
Community Member

Hi,

I need someone to assist me with my Fixed price Project. The client added the first milestone of $250 (due date: 19 march) but I completed half work last week and submitted the work and the client released half payment that is $125 now I completed the remaining half work of $125 but there is no option showing "submit work for payment" then how can I ask the client for remaining payment?

Please help! should I need to propose another milestone?

Hi Pooja,

I checked your contract and I can see that the first milestone was paid. In order to be able to submit your work for the second milestone, the client will need to activate it from their end. 
Once this is done, you will see the green button in the contract room and will be able to submit your work on the second milestone. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But I was half paid for the first milestone. I am talking about my half payment of the first milestone. How can I receive it.

petra_r
Community Member

Pooja J wrote:

but there is no option showing "submit work for payment" then how can I ask the client for remaining payment?

All the client needs to do is set up and activate the second milestone. The money will be taken from the remaining funds in escrow.

In future, if you want to be paid in 2 milestones, set u 2 milestones. Cutting one up into two is needlesslay complicated.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members