🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need help!
Page options
79d68892
Community Member

Need help!

Hi everyone new to this app and I accepted a position, signed contract and completed a task. However he wants to send me money via check in order to purchase supplies etc.. he also stated he will be paying me directly. Idk why but now I don’t feel right.. I asked him why I am not being paid via up work but no response as of yet.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alisia,

I’ve checked this case and the project has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. Please note that taking communications with a client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service.

Make sure to check our Stay Safe series and learn more on how to work safe online:

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Alisia: The person you are talking to is just a scammer.

There is no job. There is no real money here.

The scammer is trying to steal approximately $3000 from your checking account.

Stop communicating with him.

Use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page to report him.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alisia,

I’ve checked this case and the project has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. Please note that taking communications with a client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service.

Make sure to check our Stay Safe series and learn more on how to work safe online:

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths