🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need help
Page options
codeitsmart
Community Member

Need help

Client is asking for offsite communication . feel like client always hire from offsite . i asked him i want to work via only upwork . 
can you guide me what to do . so that my profile will be safe n secure

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

You can communicate with a client by any means you wish - the project's message board, phone calls, Skype, email, etc.

Using only the project's message board ensures all communications are in one place and available to you, the client and Upwork if a disagreement should arise. Upwork now "sanitizes" all files attached to messages, which some posters here have said can result in corrupted files, but you also have the choice of downloading a "non-sanitized" version of each file, if you prefer.

Just make sure all payments from the client to you go through Upwork, so Upwork makes its fee income off each payment.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wlyonsatl
Community Member

You can communicate with a client by any means you wish - the project's message board, phone calls, Skype, email, etc.

Using only the project's message board ensures all communications are in one place and available to you, the client and Upwork if a disagreement should arise. Upwork now "sanitizes" all files attached to messages, which some posters here have said can result in corrupted files, but you also have the choice of downloading a "non-sanitized" version of each file, if you prefer.

Just make sure all payments from the client to you go through Upwork, so Upwork makes its fee income off each payment.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths