🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need more specialized profiles and stats on t...
Page options
alejandrocrespo
Community Member

Need more specialized profiles and stats on them.

Hello! I think that the inclusion of specialized profiles is a great step for a lot of freelancers, however, the current amount of them is very limited, and doesn't allow to offer all the services that one can provide!

For example: I can offer services of graphic design, photography and photo manipulation, branding, social media and community management, video edition and color grading, sound edition, web design, image/video sourcing, English/Spanish/Russian translation, marketing and environmental consulting. All of them at a good commercial level, thanks to my experience working for a number of digital advertising agencies and my own hobbie-grown skills through the years.

Currently I'm only stuck with graphic design and photo edition, and somehow managed to create a mutant general "Digital Creative" profile to add a bit of the other skills.

I would really like to have the option to have more specialized profiles, where I could detail my experience and skill level, upload a separate portfolio of previous works, and ask some previous clients to leave me a recommendation in other areas, without messing with any of the other profiles.

Also as a separate note, would be great to have individual stats for each specialized profile, as well as the possibility to create projects for individual profiles, and not only under the "all work" one. There's also a bug where my proposals seems to include my "All work" profile instead of the specialized ones I pick when I send a proposal!

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great suggestion, Alejandro, thank you for taking the time to share it with us. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gina-herrera
Community Member

I actually would like to second this opinion... usually I'm totally on the "find your niche and be an expert at one or two things" but at the same time, I have plenty of subskills which are viable as separate profiles.

Obviously this is nowhere near what the original post listed out, but I do have a specialty in branding, packaging design, and creative direction - these are three very different skills and would absolutely require totally separate portfolios. So I do feel I am missing out on quite a bit of potential jobs where I could be directing or consulting since I don't really have a place to show that work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members