🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need my 1099K
Page options
chefperryp
Community Member

Need my 1099K

Please help me, I have been riding the "Get Support" carosel all day.

I did not recieve my 1099K for 2021.

Yes, I'm qualified for a 1099K

How do I get a new copy of my 1099K?

I would open a support ticket, but I can't find any way to do that, either. (I can see my old ones, but no option to start a new one..,)

Thank you,

Perry 

7 REPLIES 7
ArjayM

Hi Perry,

Please note that there are new requirements for you to receive a 1099-K. For transactions taking place after December 31, 2021, freelancers will receive a 1099-K if they have at least $600 in payments

There will no longer be a minimum number of transactions. If you meet the new payment requirements in 2022, you will receive a 1099-K in January 2023. The new law goes into effect for transactions after December 31, 2021, and you will only receive a form if you earned at least $20,000 over at least 200 transactions. We will begin providing forms for earnings of $600 or more in 2023. For all other questions related to your individual tax obligations, you may want to consult with a tax professional. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

You didn't answer his question, so I doubt it would clarify anything. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, Amanda!

We did escalate Perry's concern to the appropriate team, so someone will be reaching out to him to assist him further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
08b564e3
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have the same problem.

Can you please share how I can solve it?

Thank you,

Kate 

Are you sure that you had more than 200 transactions? 

I haven't received the 1099K yet.

Yes, I'm qualified, and Yes, I updated all my W-9 info.

Thank you,

Kate

Hi Ecaterina,

Thank you for reaching out. Please note that only those who have received at least $20,000 in gross payments and had at least 200 transactions on Upwork will receive a Form 1099-K. If you do not meet the minimum payment threshold, you will not receive any type of Form 1099 from us, although you are still required to Report Your Income.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members