Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advices

Highlighted
Eldin G Member Since: Jun 20, 2015
1 of 8

Hi there,

I have a problem with getting a job. The first job I got was on Oct 2014. It was the one-hour job and after that nothing. I am bidding constantly, but no results. And I was quieted from oDest for some time because I got tired.

My profile is 100% completed. I took some tests and they have decent scores. A couple of portfolio items are also there. When I apply for a job I try to make a suggestion, ask some question etc. But, still it's not enough.

Some questions:
Does client assume that I can make a super cool website for 100$ just because I don't have jobs on UpWork?
How much is Skype important for an interview? Because I don't like it.

If somebody have free time to answer my question and check my profile(it's public), I will be thankful.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 8
re: "How much is Skype important for an interview? Because I don't like it."

It is important to some clients, not important to others.
Personally, I rarely have Skype or phone interviews with clients.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 8
Eldin, I read your profile. I generally dislike it.

It's all about you. As a client, I don't care about you. I care about me.

Tell me what you will do for me. Tell me how my project will benefit from hiring you.

I don't want to waste my time reading your life story.

You seem like a very talented, skilled individual. Focus that on the client, not the contractor.
Highlighted
4 of 8

Hm... egoism doesn't work Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for you tip, I will keep that in mind. I will rewrite my overview.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
5 of 8

Ironic really, people are getting free profile reviews they don't want, yet the same people are simultaneously being asked to check the profiles of others for free.

Highlighted
Anannya H Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
6 of 8

Hi, Eldin,

I have same view like Preston H and it will be helpfull for you to follow his suggestions. I think you can lessen your profile rate a little for first few jobs cause I see you did  job of $5/hour, but profile shows $25, sometime client may follow your profile rate too, I think. Not sure if my idea works, but may work too.

Highlighted
7 of 8

Hi, Anannya

It was first job and was very simple so 5$/hr seemed to be nice. Or that was mistake?

My rate(25$/hr) is about my full capacity in web development, let say. So if I use some of my web development skills(not all) It can be lower. That's my point of view. Should I change it?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
8 of 8

If you get response from client then make it fruitfull even if you need to put down your rate. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS