🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need some help or suggestion!
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Need some help or suggestion!

I don't know, is there any Freelancers who are having the same problem as me. The situation started from the last year! I have applied for more than 15 jobs in the last 3 weeks. But didn't even get a single interview. It's the same as the last year when Upwork started the policy to sell connects to the Freelancers. 20 to 50 freelancers are proposing within 10 to 15 minutes whatever the job description. Clients are inviting tons but not hiring in maximum cases. And the invitation I receive, I had never got any further responses from any client after receiving the invitations! Even I am not getting expected clients from the last year. Probably I had <8> new clients from the last year and some (2 or 3) of them were Long-term clients who were giving me the job here from the last 1 year. I don't know what's wrong I am doing here? Also, I want to mention that I have a Top Rated badge here with 100% JSS. I am happy to share (by messaging)) the screenshots of my "Proposal" with the job descriptions to a Moderator or similar rank so that if you could suggest to me after reading my proposals what's wrong with my Proposals. Indeed, from the last year, I am losing the reliability of this platform! I am just losing my money by buying connects. If possible I really need someone's help who can at least tell me what's wrong I have in my proposals so that the clients are not even interviewing me or suggest me in a proper way. Is it possible? Thanks in advance!

20 REPLIES 20
lysis10
Community Member

Rafsun S wrote:

I don't know, is there any Freelancers who are having the same problem as me. The situation started from the last year! I have applied for more than 15 jobs in the last 3 weeks. But didn't even get a single interview. 

What are you talking about? You won 2 jobs in Feb and 2 in March. 

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply. I was contracted with only one job from one new client which was early of this February. The rest you are seeing, all of them are my old clients...those jobs weren't from my proposal. I haven't got even a single interview from any new client from the last week of February...I think it's more than 3 weeks. And from March of the last year, I had contracted with only 9 clients. Do you know what I am talking about? Thank you!

robin_hyman
Community Member

If you're not earning enough on Upwork, consider other platforms in ADDITION to Upwork.  You're winning jobs so you're way ahead of thousands of other freelancers who cannot.  Keep applying.

Thanks, Robin! I agree with you! Probably, no one should depend on one Platform and Yes, I work on other platforms too. But I used to get jobs here when I open an account here in 2018! I was wondering why I am not getting that many new clients here now especially from the March/April of the last year? But yes, It also the truth that I have some old and good clients who often come here and give me jobs here. 

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Hello. A person who openly examines themself inwardly, rather than complaining they are not being treated fairly, gains instant credibility with me.  Asking for assistance and guidance is one of the surest of signs a person will one day be able to provide it to others.

You may contact me by private message through this system.  I will be happy to review your profile, portfolio, and proposal bodies with you.  Then we collaboratively work to improve their quality. 

Do not expect gentleness. I am tough on the people I work with and assist. I expect them to then pay the price necessary to build themselves up into superstar-class business forces.  I sense this is a way of things with you. We will perhaps find out.

My profile is open for viewing. 

John.

(Note: I have just set my profile as [public] -- the system is not registering the profile as viewable.  If for some reason it is not visible, we will deal with accessing it so you can see examples of how profiles and portfolio pieces were developed on this end -- when the necessary time comes).

Just a note in case that profile is not immediately viewable.

Capture.JPG

And my Profile supposed to be Public 2.JPG as always. You can have a kind look if you get time. Thanks! 

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

To note. I recommend the opposite strategy of Robin.  I recommend focusing on a specific platform (be it Upwork or another, as one sees fit).

Then - do the work necessary to bring into focus a crushing level of competitive advantage through that specialization.  Specialize and gain business dominance in a specific platform -- then -- if desired -- move to another platform. 

Repeat process, do more of what is working well before one tries to do more, elsewhere. This is standard business-effectiveness theory and practice.  We call it entrench, win, replicate, scale.

John

Hi John,
Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate this! I am happy to share my personal proposals with you but I was still waiting to preview your Profile as it's still not "Public". At least I need to know your "Work Section" here before sharing (PM) my personal Proposals and others. I hope you will understand my point! Also, do you know, will it break any ToS of UW if I message you personally to share my personal Proposals and others? Thanks once again!

Rafsun S wrote:

Hi John,
Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate this! I am happy to share my personal proposals with you but I was still waiting to preview your Profile as it's still not "Public". At least I need to know your "Work Section" here before sharing (PM) my personal Proposals and others. I hope you will understand my point! Also, do you know, will it break any ToS of UW if I message you personally to share my personal Proposals and others? Thanks once again!

Clients hiring you to boost your profile rating so that they can promote a course could get you banned. Sooo...umm, yea.

I am not 100% clear of your saying! But it is giving me tension after seeing your message. Could you please tell me a little bit more if you have time? Once again, thanks, Jennifer!

Rafsun S wrote:

I am not 100% clear of your saying! But it is giving me tension after seeing your message. Could you please tell me a little bit more if you have time? Once again, thanks, Jennifer!

If somebody contacts you after you have posted here and offers to hire you in order to boost your profile, be extremely cautious. There are people who do that because they are running get-rich-fast scams. If you accept, you may end up kicked from Upwork. These are not legitimate jobs, but scams.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Capture.JPG

Thanks Rene! We are not talking about hiring me or someone. I was just expecting some help or suggestion from a Moderator or Experts as I am not calling for an Interview for a long time. I was thinking, is there any problem with my Proposals to the clients? I was looking for someone's help who can give me a suggestion or guide me if he finds any lack in my proposals if I can show him/her my proposals by personal messaging and definitely if it doesn't break any ToS of UW! So it supposed not to be breaking any ToS of UW. Am I right? I still haven't share anything with anyone here! 

I have no clue why my Profile will not show up as public.  It is against ToS to directly reference a profile anyway.  You are welcome to send me a private message.  There are mechanisms available in that world to share information according to correct practices.  Just keep in mind, I am simply offering guidance.  I do this often with assertive newcomers who are focused on fixing problems they perceive as such.  You'll meet a 7-year Upworker.

Hi John,
Thanks! You can set your profile in Private now if you want. I appreciate your time for me! I will PM you some of my concerns in detail tomorrow! You can check when you get time tomorrow. Just for a double confirmation...

Capture.JPG
It means...is it okay according to the UW ToS if I PM you some of my proposals and the jobs to get a suggestion? Thanks once again!

Rafsun S wrote:

Capture.JPG
It means...is it okay according to the UW ToS if I PM you some of my proposals and the jobs to get a suggestion? Thanks once again!

Don't. Honestly, don't.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Okay! I got your point! I will not. Thanks!

I just changed this today, as I normally do not open my profile to public. 

Hi John,
I appreciate all of your time! but after reading Jennifer and Rene's message, I think we should stop this here! I don't want to take this risk. But thanks again, at least someone of this "Hard World" was eagerly wanted to help me...wanted to give me time! Thank you!

Rafsun S wrote:

Hi John,
I appreciate all of your time! but after reading Jennifer and Rene's message, I think we should stop this here! 

This is a very sensible decision! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members